Speeds jump from very low to moderately high, then back.

seanthebond

I've been having this problem for a little while now.

My torrents will usually start out slow, going from between 0.3-2.4 KB/s. Then after a while, they might jump to 20 KB/s, then if there is a miracle, random torrents may jump up to 52 KB/s. Right now I am getting the Sims 2, and it was at 75 KB/s 10 seconds ago now it is back at 49.3.

I also have 'Dragon Ball Z' going with a mild 3.6 KB/s, and now, the Sims 2 is at 39.6. Any clue why it is jumping around so much? Is it just the torrents maybe? I'm currently connect to 5(439) and the leecher stats are at 41(2039). I know, not good. Dragon Ball has 2(18) seeders and 33(189).

Is this reasonable? My connection speed is 5 Mbp/s. Do you guys have a torrent I could try and see what I get for that torrent, just to see if it is my connection or the torrent.

Thanks.

Wow...... Ok, I guess I have nothing to complain about. I'm just spoiled and regularly use good torrents I guess. Because the Openoffice one gave me like 520 KB/s. Which I've never seen a torrent go at before. I've only seen 172 max, ever. And HTTP downloading I only usually get 382 KB/s.

Thank you very much. How do I tell what torrents are best to get?

Is this reasonable? My connection speed is 5 Mbp/s.

Yawn... now really, we are really happy for your download speed connection but I still don't see the most important informations that is: what is your upload connection speed, how did you setup your upload in utorrent and is upload stable or not.

We don't care what you're downloading, so if you don't mind, edit them out? Indeed, upload speed is the most important thing with BitTorrent, but even if it were configured properly, there is no real "reasonable" speed since there are absolutely no guarantees about speed in BitTorrent. Meaning there is no "normal" speed for any given connection speed to measure by.

Archived