Search Box

UTorrentUser

I like this feature but the problem is that it turns uTorrent from a legitimate bt client to a warez client. The default sites in the search box make uTorrent a non-legit client and therefore may make itself a target for law enforcment.

We already had this conversation in the IRC channel quite awhile ago while 1.1.7 was still in testing. Eventually, ludde decided to include those links anyway.

Hmm...updated and still no icon, though I can click where there is no icon. Any ideas?

Updated what? µTorrent or the old toolbar.bmp? Have you downloaded a toolbar.bmp and put it in '...usernameApplication DatauTorrent', if so Remove the old toolbar.bmp that doesn't have a icon for the search box yet(then you'll be using the default) or go to the User Interface Design section and get a user created toolbar that supports 1.1.7.

I suggest including a check box in Preferences, so one can enable/disable the search function trough it (or at least something explaining that clearing the search engines box does the trick).
It's not needed. You can disable it by removing clearing the search engines box in the "Other Options" dialog

??

I meant there is no immediate way for the common user to know (of course some will guess, but most will think there is no way to do it) he has to clear the search engines field to make the search box disappear.

Archived