Help Help Help

tunatamaker

Hey,

I reinstalled windows recently and am having problems with utorrent. I have forwaded a port for utorrent to use, but it doesn't help. when I use the utorrent port checker it says its closed! but its open!!!!! i am using router wrtp54G, its the router vonage sends with their voip service. please help???

when u reinstall your computer, your settings are gone, you really should set up a static ip as some routers wont let you forward to a DHCP ip address. Also, check that your windows firewall is not blocking the connections (or any other firewall u may have).

i just set up the static IP, and I am not running windows firewall but some other one, which is allowing utorrent. Is one DNS server enough for static IP because cox didn't give me an aleternate server? utorrent still has the yellow yield sign saying that no incomming connections. please help :((

I can't help but comment... When I purchased DSL, I got a modem with it. My modem does not say what brand it is, all it says is 660 series. It came with no books or cd's. The only way I found out I could configure it was when I couldnt get port forwarding to work, and started punching in random IP addresses and came accross a config page.

sorry, I am using comodo. recommended by PC Mag

Merged double post(s):

thats not the problem, as the problem still occurs with firewall exited.

i have called my ISP and the my router company linksys, still no problem. please help, I open the port but its still blocked?

by the way i reinstalled windows like 2 days ago, it was working fine before.

EDIT by silverfire: The edit function exists for a reason. Double posting instead of editing is negligent and unnecessary. If I see any more double posts out of you, I'll be requesting a ban.

Archived