Remaining time switches between 0s and inf when seeding

Klaus_1250

When seeding a torrent, if I select it and go to the general tab, I see "time remaing" swithing betwee 0s and inf. Since I'm seeding, time remaing is of no use. It should be neither 0 or inf, it shouldn't be displayed (nor calculated, as this is a waste of cpu cycles) or just be something like "---" or just blank.

Same goes for download speed. It says 0.0kB/s, but there is no use displaying it.

(uTorrent version is 1.1.7.1)

• 3 weeks later...
Remaining time on the general tab only seems to show up as inf when the last torrent you loaded was stopped. It changes to 0 after a second or so.

OK, after a closer look, in 1.2.0.0 it only changes once (from inf to 0s) when you select the torrent (it used to go back and forth between the two).

ETA doesn't get calculated when seeding in 1.2, as for 0 kb/s for the download. Wether is is -, 0 , 0 kb/s or whatever, I don't think it is being calculated, just a matter of perference of what you want "nothing" displayed like.

I would like nothing to be displayed as nothing! Meaning not inf, no 0s, just blank. No need to display anything.

It is just inconsistent and provides unneccesary information. In upperpart of the screen, when a Torrent is complete, ETA shows up blank. But in the General-tab, it is either inf or 0s. Same goes for downloadspeed: If I'm seeding a completed torrent, I don't want a number displayed for download-speed; It's just not relevant/usefull information.

Archived