Ratio gives wrong stats

jivan

hi all,

I've seen on some torrents, where I have the data but have deleted the .torrent file. I download the .torrent file & re-check the hash. After which I start seeding. Now while seeding it doesn't give right stats. Now is this a known bug or not? Thnx in advance.

uT measures the ratio from the time the torrent was last added. It doesn't remember ratios across remove and re-add.

I really didn't get what u say. I would be more specific. I downloaded a 1.5 GB file. The file was downloaded yesterday. It was missing .2% & hence with the help of the uploader was able to download a newer .torrent file which had the .2% which was missing. He fixed it. Now I have been uploading back the same file since morning. While on the site I get the right stats tht I have shared only 20% of the file, the utorrent client says I shared the file 5 times. Now is there a way to fix it ?

does this mean let's say I downloaded before 98.8% & then I downloaded 0.2% which is let's say 2 mb or thereabouts, then it would calculate the ratio (uploading) as per 2 MB 100% ? If that is the case isn't this a bug?

I'm sorry for being a pain in the a** but this one really beats me up :(

Ultima ia right.

The original seeder made a new torrent file and µTorrent is tracking the stats to that file.

If you grabbed only the last .2% or whatever on the new torrent. then what you uploaded on it would be 5X what you downloaded. What happened wasn't a client bug, but someone elses user error.

I think the other point that's missing here is that he thinks the ratio shoudl be based on the whole size of the file, rather than just what you downloaded. The problem for this is if you seed a file from the beginning, thus you didn't download anything, that your ratio will be completely wrong.

Archived