Limting speed based on proccesses on task manager

aaearon

The scheduling is one of the best features of uTorrent and adds on to how great the program is but I think it would be awesome if you could schedule or possibly just limit the bandwidth depending on the processes running on your computer.

For example, I play a lot of online games during the day at different tines. Right now I have the scheduler set up so from 9am to 11pm (since I play games in between those times). But sometimes I don't and I'm limiting myself to 100kb/s when I could be achieving 300kb/s.

The feature could have it where you add process names to the list (for example, WoW.exe hl2.exe you get the idea) and while the processes are running it limits your bandwidth. I have no idea what I good interval would be to check the process list.

Would anyone else find this useful or am I alone?

Why don't you go into uTorrent's settings and limit it when there are very specific circumstances? Is it so difficult to do that?

There are people suggesting a DL limiter scale on the taskbar icon acessible with a right-click. That should do the trick for you as well.

a simple call of the ping executable like azureus does would suffise to let utorrent know if it can upload more or less.

it would be a cool feature to have, it would in fact be an auto-manage upload speed feature. set your speed to the desired value, or 100% of your ul, and let utorrent take care of not slowing down your dl.

Archived