uTorrent is smothering my internet usage???

Jazza

This is the first time that i've had a problem with uTorrent, i've been using the program for the past year or so and until i upgraded i never had a problem. i've read through all you help topics and my question isn't answered in any of them and i was wondering if someone could give me a hand.

Since updating utorrent to version 1.6 (installable, not standalone), I have encountered a problem with running utorrent in the background. when I want to use my browser (default firefox) i find that i'm unable to view webpages as in most circumstances address request's time out, resulting in notification sugesting that the domain doesnt exist, which i know just isnt true.

as soon as i exit the program or pause I can surf the web again with no problems.

I'm on cable internet and have unlimited downloads, i've forwarded my port to 3724 as i'm already using it for WoW. previously this problem has never occured and when i use other software the situation doesnt exist. But i like utorrent and dont want to use another program.

can someone help me out, i'll give you all the details that you need.

other than that... great application guy's i think its really well designed and feature heavy for such a small program.

Regards, Jarrod

thanks for you quick reply's, i tried everything that you said Firon... but my problem is still there.

I'm glad i'm not the only one experienceing this... i'll check out that topic Ultima and go through that list and see if i can fix the problem...

edit: Problem fixed, thankyou for your help guys.

Archived