Look harder for existing files

knowbuddy

One of the features I really like about BitTornado is that it looks harder for semi-complete multi-file torrents. If I'm starting a torrent with files A, B, and C and it finds file B (even if it isn't complete), it won't create a new directory for that torrent, it'll just start downloading the torrent into the existing target directory. I know the tradition for multi-file torrents is to create (or look for) a directory named after the torrent, but that's often really annoying. I regularly start downloadig multi-file torrents for which I already have a few of the files.

Just to be clear: · I'm not asking for a recursive search throughout the download directory's subdirectories · I'm not asking to ignore the paths embedded in the torrent · I am asking that the following logic be added: IF (starting a multi-file torrent) AND (any of the path-less files or root paths in the torrent exist in the root of the target directory) THEN (don't create a new folder, just use the current one)

Thanks!

I don´t think it´s stupid, but your telling me that´s not how it works now? From your description it is what I would intuitively think happens.

Anyway, this would only be a possibility if you use the sparse option in uTorrent (which is off by default). Currently, all files in a multi-torrent are created upon starting a torrent.

I take it like this:

You have a folder on your computer: "D:BittorrentTorrent_Filefolder", which contains the files "file1", "file2" and "file3". Only "file2" exists (and is incomplete).

Now that you want to continue downloading, you choose "D:BittorrentTorrent_Filefolder" as the download directory and µTorrent will create a new folder with the path "D:BittorrentTorrent_FilefolderTorrent_Filefolder".

Having µTorrent check the files in the selected folder first would be useful, since it would make it possible to seed without copying the, say 15+GB folders.

Archived