Quick question...

Probert31

I ran uTorrent today for the first time. It tried to walk me through port forwarding using this web page: www.portforward.com. After I entered the information on the web page, namely my port to be forwarded, I had an extreme rash of reports from my Firewall, Zone Alarm, stating that there were attempts to connect to my computer from that port. I quess my question is, is this normal. I mean I had 50 attempts in 11 minutes. Continuing even after I shut down uTorrent. I ran the speed guide a second time and the same thing happened, though to a lesser extent. What are these "connections"? Thanks!

I didn't really get that far yet. I just started to configure it using the tutorials and the speed guide when Zone Alarm went haywire with all these alerts. It spooked me because it started right after I forwarded the port for uTorrent. On another topic, I am running ZoneAlarm version:6.5.731.000. Have you heard the same problems with internet connectivty in this version as with version 5.0? Thanks again.

Archived