Not Downloading

chinchillan

Hi,

I just started trying to use utorrent, however after installing and selecting something to download nothing happens. I believe there must be something that I must change for my set up because I'm not using a direct connection but through a Linksys router.

Could anyone tell me what settings I must use to be able to download through my router?

Thanks

Dan

Have checked the set up, and found something about port forwarding, and followed the instructions to forward the port on my linksys. In the logger now it doesn't say anything, but when testing the port through Options-Speed Guide it keeps on coming back saying that the port can't be opened.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Yep, have checked and double checked that I now have a static IP, and that my Linksys WRT54G has it's port forwarded. After reading some of the other problems I changed the port number from the default in both Utorrent and the router settings.

I don't have any specific firewall software. Only Nortons Anti-Virus 2005. I'm using XP and the windows firewall is disabled. The only other place I have seen anything about firewalls was when I logged onto my router and there was a firewall tab. Block Anonymous Internet requests and filter internet Nat redirection are both unchecked. Filter multicast and filter ident(port113) are both checked.

Not sure what else it could be. Thanks for your help

Well when setting it up, the company installs a dish (similar to a saterlite dish) which it can recieve and send information to their server. From that dish I have a cable running into my router, which in turn is connected to my PC. Since it is my own set up, surely I should have access to everthing. I would hope so anyway. Is there anyway I could check?

Archived