Just being nit-picky

z9999

I don't expect this to get a lot of attention, but the column labled ETA (Estimated time of arrival) might be more accurately displayed as ETC (Estimated time to completion), as it is used both when downloading and seeding.

The other item, under Advanced Features, Show Download Bar, might be better described as Show Progress bar, for the same reasons as above.

Just a comment, and not a suggestion that a change is necessary.

Meh, a change has been suggested before, but it was settled that ETA is more universal, and people understand the general meaning since it is used all over the place anyway.

Download bar I sorta agree with (it's something that crossed my mind when it was first added), though I don't mind all that much anyway.

That's why I put my comment in the chat forum, as it isn't real important, but I was just noticing something else in relation to the Download Bar, and in my case I like to use them to have a quick glance at what is going on. In my case I often have a couple of downloads running along with several uploads, and I like to keep the Download bars separated. That is I like to show all the downloads in one area and the uploads in another. As it is I have to place one group at the top of the screen and the other at the bottom, while I would prefer to have them all at the top, say the downloads on the left side and the uploads on the right, but they overlap if I do that. It could be achieved if the blue progress bar showing the percentage was shortened slightly. I don't feel that the blue indicator is as useful as the numeric percentage so a width adequate to display the numeric value should be adequate, and allow one more efficient use of display space. Just another thought.

OK, I'm on a nit-picking roll. Looking at this from another angle, the Download? Bar could be giving more useful info once it becomes an Upload Bar as the progress will not change from 100%. As such why not change the color from blue to perhaps green and instead of displaying the % downloaded, display the share ratio? Then you could get an idea of the progress you are making in achieving your sharing goal.

• 5 weeks later...

Click options, preferences, Bit Torrent, and at the bottom locate the box titled Protocol Encryption, and select whichever you desire, enabled or forced, and check Allow incoming legacy connections, if desired.

And I'm blind at times also.

Archived