Help required with one FAQ Answer

usman8888

The help I required on the FAQ question is

Q.How can I make µTorrent start in bosskey mode?

Ans. (1.5.1 beta 460 and later) Add /HIDE to the shortcut/path. Make sure you've set a bosskey beforehand, otherwise you will have to end the process and start it again without /HIDE to access it.

Now I am using utorrent version 1.6 build 474 and I also have set a boss key. I made a shortcut on the desktop. Right clicked on it and clicked properties. Then in the target field which read "C:\Program Files\uTorrent\utorrent.exe" I added /HIDE to make it "C:\Program Files\uTorrent\utorrent.exe" /HIDE. I restarted the computer but utorrent is not starting into hidden/boss key mode :(

What am I doing wrong?

and where can I find the startup folder.

Thanks

Boss mode should be hiding this icon. As I said above, there's been cases where the icon still shows up. If you have setup the shortcut properly, there's not much else you can do in µTorrent.

For more information about the issues:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=12991

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=8928

• 10 months later...

Hi All, just switched over from Azureus to this, i'm having a problem w/ this issue... when trying to modify the shortcut as instructed in the faq (as I understand the inst.) I keep getting this message: 'the name "D:user settings\program files\µTorrent\UT1.6.1.exe"/HIDE' specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct. (which they are) so what to do w/ this? HELP!! plz!:D and =D................ my modifications inc. rt. clicking on the shortcut icon going to properties, having the properties window open up to the shortcut tab and looking at all the lines,

Target type:

Target Location:

Target: (where the string i'm modifying is contained)

Start in:

Shortcut key:

Run: (at this point i have a drop down menu and i've gotten my µTorrent to start minimized from here, by choosing Minimized in the list)

Comment:

then it has 3 buttons 1. find target 2.change icon 3. advanced

then the regular buttons: ok, cancel, apply. at the bottom

My OS is Windows XP Pro

am i not changing the right string or ?????

:thankyou: in advance

Archived