school network blocking ports

textured

i know this has been asked several times before but i wanted to make sure i didnt miss any possible solutions..

my school has, as far as ive been able to tell, everything blocked. if i enable encryption with a random port, i get u/l around 7-12kb/s and zero d/l. for some reason encryption has to be 'enabled' but not 'forced', otherwise i get nothing. the only port that seems to help is 443, which is giving me a piddling 3-5kb/s d/l speed. is there anything else worth trying here? i am studying abroad in germany for a year and i cant imagine life without torrents.

Firewalls normally work on a whitelist basis, not blacklist, so it doesn't matter what port you try, if they don't allow it, it won't work. If UPnP doesn't work, the only thing left for you to do is try to get friendly with the network administrators and see if you can get them to open a port for you. That's all.

well, all i ever have running is the windows firewall. turned that off, just to see. no difference. and the only port that has seemed to improve the speed (marginally) is 443. i am now noticing that only one torrent will ever d/l at any given time. sooooo sad. :(

the shieldsup scan has every port marked stealth.

Archived