no incoming/not connectable in home network... (no router)

huha

Ok, here's my problem:

I just started using utorrent at home, where my network is configured as follows- two pc's running winxp sp2; one of them is connecting to the internet by an USB adsl modem. It is connected with the second computer through a switch. I used the windows built-in network confguration wizard to make the network environment, then after that, turned of the windows firewall and replaced it with a different software one. I set appropriate rules on both computers firewalls to open ports (21048 to be specific) and to allow incoming/outgoing connections. So far, so good.

When I test the port with utorrent on the computer with the direct access to the internet (the one with the USB moedem), all is fine, when I do the same on the other computer, the port is not open, and I always get the "no incoming connections" triangle or the "unconnectable" red circle in utorrent.

Can U help me do something about that, please :) ?

yeah, I do have internet connection on the second PC, and I've never used both at the same time for downloading. And there's no difference even when I change ports. I looked at my firewall report, and noticed that it's definitely not blocking any incoming connections, it's like no incoming connections go through the first PC. But it's firewall also states nothing is being blocked. I also tried turning both of the firewalls off.

Thanks, though :)

Archived