PC Freezing

matt14d

I just started using uTorrent. It seems to work fine for a few minutes then my whole PC freezes completely; nothing works at all - mouse or keyboard. I can't shut down or restart or control-alt-delete. I have to turn off the PC and reboot. This used to happen on Kazaa Lite as soon as someone started uploading, but for the few minutes uTorrent works people seem to be uploading fine. It's driving me mad. Help?

Firewall is Norton. I've tried disabling the antivirus but that didn't stop it happening.

I can't use memtest86+ (unless I misread the instructions) because I've only got a CD ROM drive and my A drive doesn't work (it's an aging machine).

Sometimes uTorrent will work for 20 minutes or more before it happens, sometimes it's a few seconds. There's no pattern that I can see and Norton's certainly not blocking it when it does work.

I'm having the same problem with Matt14d. PC freezes after running uTorrent 1.6. It used to shut down by itself but later I noticed if just downloading one at a time it will not shut down but after awhile it will just freexed up. Have checked firewall, router etc. no problem. System running XP Pro SP2 and only running uTorrent and Skype on the machine.

Anyone out can help to resolved this problem???? Any patches that can fix this problem? Thank you.

I've tried adjusting speeds up and down with no result. I also tried only downloading and uploading to an external hard drive in case there was a fault on my C drive. I think it's a problem specific to uploading - I downloaded OK for 1½ hours last night while no-one was uploading, but froze about 45 seconds after someone started to upload.

Archived