Bittorrent Speed Comparisons

bleh

I've read alot of posts on this forum about people whose gone

"I tried client XXX and compared that with Utorrent and it was a hell of a lot slower/faster !!!! omfg, Utorrent sucks/owns!"

And what do I see? these people choose one torrent, connect to it

with two clients and then see how fast/slow they can get their clients to perform.

This is a moronic approach and should not be regarded as a "good way" of measuring the clients capabilities...

Now, when you connect to a torrent with a number of people, your client will try to initiate connections with all members of said torrent, however this isn't always possible because of a lot of factors, thus these connections will always (and I repeat ALWAYS) be different each time you connect.

The only true way to get a good speed average and get some good comparisons is to download alot of files, from alot of different torrents, and then compute an average speed, but I'm talking like 50 to 100 torrents here to get an accurate statistical information basis.

I'm sure as hell not going to do that, but on the other hand, I will not

stampede into forums yelling that my pet client is the best, since I tried a really "fast" torrent and it did better than my most hated client.

Elitist fanboys, you all just got owned.

fanboy'ism at its best! :lol:

Lmao.. I agree with u ReP0.. That guy is too funny :lol:

Hey bleh u must have got hit up in the head or somethin.. Dont try many downloads.. Try for one torrent, download a single file and time it up till its completed.. Now try with ur pet client..

Oh yeah seen the difference, utorrent kud download that file twice and u wud still be on ur pet downloadin it.. Either u didnt chek well b4 postin :shock: or u tryin to promote ur pet client, lmfao :twisted:

Whaha, I guess I should have put an <IRONY> marker at the end of the post :D (I thought it was so obvious... )

edit: at mephisto, I'm not advocating any client whatsoever, read my post again please.

Also, for the record, I'm a diehard fan of utorrent, let's hope it keeps getting better!

Dont try many downloads.. Try for one torrent, download a single file and time it up till its completed.. Now try with ur pet client..

I was gonna say the same thing. I got one 1.3GB file in 1hr 30 min. The fastest I got one 1.3 GB file using Azureus was 2hr 30 min-3 hr 30 min. And this is from a site I use on the regular that I'm a member of.

lolz ma apologies bleh :) i guess i misread and thought u were sayin utorrent slow :evil: Sry dude :rolleyes:

U need not download many files to get the speed of a client.. Only 1 file will show u the speed u need..

The other clients u may try usin they keep downloadin rubbish data or stuff like that.. Some didnt even account for rubbish data, they displayed rubbish data 0mb for a file of 500mb & total downloaded showin was 700mb (in bitcomet & bitlord) Where is the 200mb then??

I tried bitcomet, bitlord, azeurus and finaly came to utorent lol.. That was the only torrent whose upload and download traffic showed a true value.. like in total downloaded was 15 mb and the file (15mb size) was fully downloaded.. Note that i chek with isp client and the logged traffic was acurate as displayed in utorrent too..

Lol the other clients downloaded 35.5 mb for a file which was 15 mb!! Wtf it kept downloadin i dunno.. Same file i tried with all the clients i mentioned above (a very popular torrent too, so many seeders and peers were available!) :evil:

U need not stampede into other forums.. Many users will come to know the quality of utorrent once they use it like i did lol.. Its quality speaks for itself.. And to the programmers, keep up the gud job & the dedication :twisted:

Memphisto: as utorrent is the best client out there at the moment, it will sell itself I think, I've recruited a few people myself by just casually going "hey.. seen that new azureus clone which doesn't need that much memory?" and immediately everyone's like "what? .. AZ without the memory hog? WHERE?" ;)

Ok. I just DL openoffice (a suggestion by a forum member cuz of its popularity)

I made some config changes based on searches in the forum.

Using Azureus:

download speeds maxed out at 1Mbps

Using uTorrent

download speeds maxed out at 900k+

I got the file (74MB) in less than 2 min from each client

Since speeds are not an issue, (even tho Azureus was faster, I still got the file in under 2 min using both clients) uTorrent is the one cuz of the small mem usage.

You know, I've been thinking...perhaps µTorrent needs a bit more configuring and tweaking compared to Azureus, and that could be the reason for the difference in speed some people are reporting. It could just be that you haven't found the optimal µTorrent configuration yet for your rig... ;)

You know, I've been thinking...perhaps µTorrent needs a bit more configuring and tweaking compared to Azureus, and that could be the reason for the difference in speed some people are reporting. It could just be that you haven't found the optimal µTorrent configuration yet for your rig... ;)
That has been my position since I discovered this client. That has been my experience with it and im convinced that anyone that takes the time with it will find themselves okay with what it can do for them. The return of resources back to you is more than worth the investment of the relatively small amount of time it would take to find out what works for uTorrent.

I've read alot of posts on this forum about people whose gone

"I tried client XXX and compared that with Utorrent and it was a hell of a lot slower/faster !!!! omfg, Utorrent sucks/owns!"

And what do I see? these people choose one torrent, connect to it

with two clients

nope. That would be dumb :) My posting regarding this was of course done with ONE client at a time.

Archived