Partial downlaods not re-loaded on restart?

DaGuesingman

When I close down utorrent and shut down, then re-start the files I had been downloading(partial, unfinished) are not re-loading into utorrent. I save torrents to one file, have one for finished, and now just added one that I'll now be using for store. When I look at the file descriptions they of course have different names(loaded) so it just seems silly to have to keep 3 copies of basically the same file (of course I'm not a programmer so I could be completely wrong) Many times when I am adding a new torrent to my save file, I was able to by review of ones already there make sure I didnt get the same file twice. But now I forsee the save file getting bloated very fast if 3,4,5 of the same file are there(I just looked and at least one has 5 different entries). This being my 3rd or 4th day of using utorrent and on adverage 6 or 7 files a day it looks like i'm going to have to manually delete files?

I don't mean to make it seem like a huge problem but at least for me in the long term it might become one

I'm using 1.1.7& winXP pro, and I'd say an above average computer knowledge, yet I dont want to go willy nilly deleting files if there is a way to avoid doing so?

When I close down utorrent and shut down, then re-start the files I had been downloading(partial, unfinished) are not re-loading into utorrent. I save torrents to one file, have one for finished, and now just added one that I'll now be using for store. When I look at the file descriptions they of course have different names(loaded) so it just seems silly to have to keep 3 copies of basically the same file (of course I'm not a programmer so I could be completely wrong) Many times when I am adding a new torrent to my save file, I was able to by review of ones already there make sure I didnt get the same file twice. But now I forsee the save file getting bloated very fast if 3,4,5 of the same file are there(I just looked and at least one has 5 different entries). This being my 3rd or 4th day of using utorrent and on adverage 6 or 7 files a day it looks like i'm going to have to manually delete files?

I don't mean to make it seem like a huge problem but at least for me in the long term it might become one

I'm using 1.1.7& winXP pro, and I'd say an above average computer knowledge, yet I dont want to go willy nilly deleting files if there is a way to avoid doing so?

Honestly, I didn't understand what you did (i think nobody does) :? :? :? Please, explain again by steps & with filenames.

Ok sorry didn't mean to make it diificult-

when I stop utorrent, then shut computer down(turn it off)

I restart computer and utorrent, the files that I was downloading before shutdown dont reload into utorrent (only happens to unfinished ones it seems)

I then look into my file where .torrent files are saved when I pick a torrent to Download and re-load the now unloaded torrents.

In that file instead of only the 1 file I saved with the torrent filename there are now multiple files with the same name (but now instead of .torrent it's .load)

Yes I now have changed where .torrent files are saved so I may have solved the problem, I haven't restarted yet but will as soon as I finish typing this post and see what happens. I'll report back shortly.

Yes I'm back.....restarted and one file didn't re-load, but I think it's a file I had started before I changed where files are saved. Yet still after looking eventually with multiple copies of a torrent file it eventually will be it seems a file set that I'll just have to keep an eye on to see how/if it grows

I think problem has been solved. BUT I still haven't made a final answer to it. I'm still going to watch and see how/if .torrent file grows larger.

The solution I think is that you must have individual save files for both .torrents that you DL (from a tracker list(infohash if I remember right?)) and a file to move torrents to when they are completed. I'm currently using one folder with 2 subfolders and at least for now it seems to work. (so a total of 3 different files for torrents, save;save to;finished)

But I'm still concerned about the save files size growing if it ends up being that multiple files are being created instead of appending the existing one (.loaded and .bak) I'll keep an eye on it and see.

I'm experiencing a similar problem. After a crash (uTorrent and Internet connection crash) I seem to have lost (from the uTorrent window) all the torrents queued and partial. I detailed what happened in this thread: Torrens Disappear

I created two folders in the uTorrent directory, for "Complete" and "Incomplete" downloads, and set the options accordingly. Is there something more?

The partial downloads are there in the Incomplete folder.

In simple terms (I am a uTorrent Newbie) how can I regain the in-progress and queued downloads, how do I get uTorrent to start working on them again?

many thanks

Ibbb

Doh! This great little program really needs a Wiki.

I had forgot to set which directories uTorrent looks in for partial torrents, so on restart uTorrent was sitting there and doing nothing, with no torrents.

After manually adding the torrents and changing the directories in the settings it seems to work fine, even on restart.

Yes my previously mentioned solution (3 different folders) does work flawlessly. I'm doing it in one folder with 3 subfolders=

-first for torrent files that are downloaded from a tracker(save to while browsing)

-second for active downloads (Store .torrent files on folder preferences in utorrent, the upper one on lower portion of window)

-third and final for move .torrent when finished (lower section lower line of folder options in preferences(same section as above just lower line,lowest on window))

The file size is not increasing as before and re-loading is working so far, Not that I won't still keep an eye on it.

If there were someway to let users know this it might solve a lot of these type problems(simple note on preferences that different files must be used I would think be an easy fix!)

And if I already haven't said it Thanks!!! this program rocks no longer am I deciding to DL or surf due to previous java based program eating resources up like no tomorrow!!(Az of course)

Archived