Download rates do a yoyo effect.

diomedes

My downloads after i restarted recently have been erratic. There's a couple files that have for the past hour displayed a distinctive tendency to yoyo up and down. Each of them will rise to like30 kB/s, only to immedately drop, sometimes dropping gradually to 0, but usually hitting somethign like 5 kB/s before rising again. I have a few other files on the go too, they're even less active than those i just mentioned.

Now, this wasn't a problem until i had to restart my pc about an hour ago. Everything was working perfectly. I have uPnP enabled in the client and my router, evID4226 patch running at 100, and my ports are forwarded. My listen port is set to 32274 currently.

What bothers me the most is that the settings usually don;t get reset when i turn off/on my pc but this time something went seriously wrong.

I'd truly appreciate help on this matter, bitorrents are such a love hate relationship for me....

Here's a cap of the results for the speed test. I don;t really know what they are telling me, but what i do know is that we have high speed rogers internet, which should be able to give me more than reasonable speeds.

Also, i've been monitoring the situation now for more than a day and it still happens, but there was a point when the torrents were moving really really well(granted fluctuating like before) but now they are positively dormant...

thankyou for the help

2mmyghs.jpg

ok, that's news to me. But i believe it, since my torrents almost never reach more than 100kB/s really, unless it's a super active torrent. That's not totally unusual either. Anyway, the current behaviour is normal and it looks like it has settled, why i dont know, i have suspicions below. But, if rogers is throttling my bittorrent transfers i'll be rather pissed. Same time, i;ve grown to live with this, the prospect of having greater transfers is a massive novelty that, all things considered, i could live without. What isp would you suggest? I have a friend who utorrents everything on this planet and he is with bell, but from what he's described, the service/ modem that they provide is horribly bad.

Now, ive watched the situation for te rest of the day, and the transfers are acting normal, i've been at 70 kB/s transfer total now. I'm quite happy with that. I have 2 possible conclusions about the weird behaviour that i posted about earlier: 1) somehow utorrent took a long time to stabilize, maybe setup adequate connections etcetc, or 2) time of day. I;ve been told sometimes transfers can act differently depending on the time of day. I could almost buy into that theory. Dunno, any experiences?

I'm lucky to get 20 kB/s on any torrent, and I'm on a 10MB connection. :( and my download speed is slower than my upload speed:

D/L speed : avg 16.9 kB/s

U/L speed: avg 24.3 kB/s

and now I don't have any icon in the status bar, normally it's just some yellow icon. This is getting really frustrating. :(

Archived