ETA on finished/non-running torrents

eriwik

Finished as in it reached its seeding goal, or finished as in finished downloading? If it's the latter, and you're uploading at 0KiB/s, then of course it's going to be infinite to reach the seeding goal. If it's the former, then it just means it's going to seed indefinitely (aka for an infinite amount of time) until you choose to intervene. I don't see how the concept of infinity doesn't work here, and much less how it counts as a bug.

Finished as in done downloading and seeding (or the user stoped the torrent), when the torrent gets a little check-icon and has state Finished. Since there is not more traffic for the torrent (neither up nor down) the concept of ETA does not apply (since the time of arrival has already passed).

• 3 years later...

There seems to be little or no relationship between the figure shown as ETA and the download speed. I have noticed ties when the download speed of a torrent goes up or down, and the ETA remains the same, or even at times changes in the opposite direction.

I have also noticed problems relating the readings under Elapsed Time and Last Active to the real world

• 1 year later...

Hard to imagine this is a bug as there are new versions of utorrent since this OP was posted. I am seeding a 4GB file and there is an ETA of 1 day 14 hours, qand another torrent with an ETA of 3 hours+ which makes no sense since it is already 100% complete. I was assuming maybe it mean that is the time it would take until the share ratio for that particular torrent got to a 1.000 share ratio. Am I off on this?

Archived