[Fixed] Bad upload speed in 1.1.7.2 ?

oliversl

yep, I can confirm it.

I have a WinXP with no firewall. My router is a Linux server with firewall.

I restarted the .torrent in azureus and now I upload at 256kbps, in utorrent I can olny upload at 64kbps.

Something is limiting the upload in utorrent. I disabled all restrictions in utorrent but still have no luck :(

I'm also having these problems with 1.1.7.2, I'm on a Win 2k, no firewall, standard router, ports forwarded et al. Speed has eratic swings and dosen't stabilize unless I cap it at about half or one third of the up speed I was getting with Azureus. Down speed also seems to be considerably less stable.

I have seeding issues with uTorrent.

Seeding works fine. Can seed at capacity easily. If I start a download however my upload speed drops dramatically and doesn't recover. I have tried leaving the download for a while to see if the speed would recover but it doesn't. Not sure what is going on.

(NOTE: This is not a firewall issue or similar.)

I'm still having a noticeable problem with reaching solid upload speeds. I had actually noticed it to a lesser degree on earlier utorrent versions, but it appears to be more pronounced on 1.7. I've rummaged through all my firewall settings but the problem doesn't seem to be with that.

I was hitting about one half of my allowed upload speed, and then just switched the torrents to Azureus. The upload speed immediately reached full capacity once I made that switch.

Other than the upload problems this client is great. I hope the upload stuff gets sorted out soon, as I would much rather use this than Azureus, but not if it takes me twice as long to reach my seeding requirements.

I just wanted to get a better performance in the write queue.

In Azureus I got a 82% of saved writes to the disk, don't know how much I save in utorrent.

So, my idea was to increase the write cache and increase the write interval.

Never change the diskio.delay. Leave that at 500. The only one you should change is diskio.write_queue_size, and that should be set to a

reasonable amount. Say, you can download at 500 kb/s, set it to 1000-2000.

If 1MB, set it to 4000, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived