How do I seed a torrent....where are the .torrent files kept??

tiredeyes

I'm pretty new to utorrent but not seeding and downloading.

With my previous torrent client I double-clicked on the (dot)torrent files and clicked on seed and ta-daaa it seeded.

The trouble I'm having is a file I've downloaded I now want to seed but can't find any option to do this or indeed the (dot) torrent file itself.....................a little help please.

How can I make µTorrent go into a seed-only mode on all torrents?

If you want it to automatically go into a seed-only mode at specific hours with the scheduler, you can hold shift (in 1.4.1 build 417 and later) while selecting the hours and the blocks should turn red, which indicates a seeding only mode.

If you want to manually make a download go into a seed-only mode, you can skip all the files in the torrent, and after a minute or so, it should start seeding. It's not instant because it has to finish up the last few queued pieces.

This is as close as I get to any info on how to seed from the FAQ......................why is that ?

Please prove me wrong and post a link !! or someone gimme step by step instructions on how to seed a file (from my download folder)

This is very frustrating.........."most of my questions answered in the FAQ".......my arse.

If you've finished the download, all you have to do is open the torrent and point it to the correct location. µTorrent will check the data integrity, and if it passes, it starts seeding. Simple, no...?

And what do you mean by "where are the .torrent files kept"? If you're wondering about the torrents in the jobs list and where they're stored, that question is answered in the FAQ.

• 1 year later...

This is what I did. Save a torrent file to you computer. Double-click it. When the screen comes up, uncheck everything. The download will be done instantly and it will start to seed. Or, download the file, go online and find the exsact file you downloaded. Save it and do the same thing.

Archived