Does ludde and vurlix have a life ?

MaV

I was just wondering. In 11 days these guys released four versions of µTorrent. Each with many bugfixes, new features and such. I'm not complaining at all, only wondering - what do you guys do beside of working on µTorrent? :). Do you have school/work/family ? Of course if you feel that's to private question then please don't answer. But still, I'm very impressed with the speed of developing µTorrent. Good work!

Im not being ungrateful because there are so many people saying that utorrent doent work well or they dont upload right or the having problem with the download speed or they saying that other client are betther than uTorrent so i will not change client and they demand instan solution for the problem they have instead of waiting for the new version because uTorrent need to mature more.

I only want to know whay because he could help to program other bittorrent client instead of making a new one.

I see the differences and im not trying to make a fight.

I only want to know whay because he could help to program other bittorrent client instead of making a new one.

I see the differences and im not trying to make a fight.

2 questions here, not starting anything, just examining the angles here:

1) How do we know the devs of the other clients WANT L and V to help them?

2) Why would L and V WANT to help program an already existing/esatablished client when the one that they have even at this early stage works as well as it does?

As an aside, they are extremely active in the forums and add the things that most users want/need, rather than just stuff that is -cool-. Add to that the fact that this prog is so small its virtually nonexistent (I STILL dont know HOW they get it to work, kudos to them), and the other clients dont need them,*read that as ludde and vurlix are good right where they are ;) *, most of them use Python or Java, this one dosent, im pretty sure they are looking at this thing from a slightly different perspective.

there are so many people saying that utorrent doent work well or they dont upload right or the having problem with the download speed or they saying that other client are betther than uTorrent

Another thing to remember:

At least 3 other clients (Azureus, BitComet, Shareaza, (why am I even mentioning this as a bittorrent client? lol) have built in work arounds for the WinXP SP2 tcp issue. I dont really know if uTorrent does or not. I read some threads about the SP2 issue here. And some ppl are using the tcp patch. The SP2 issue effects speeds by limiting connections and/or making u unconnectable. Like this one dude said when he used BitComet, he's connectable. But when he tried to use uTorrent: unconnectable.

(He has since solved that problem. He said he used the port he used for BitComet to get connectable. Go figure. :? )

Is he on about me?

If so, I _did_ forward the port uTorrent was trying to use, but for some reason my router was completely ignoring my setting :| It's quite a new router for me, I obtained it from a friend - where my old one used to show itself updating the settings, this one doesn't so you can never tell.

Archived