RSS Feeds only Update after uTorrent Restart

expatdiver

My RSS feeds won't normally update unless I restart uTorrent. Sometimes the will update on thier own, but most of the time when I know there are new torrents in the feed (i.e. view it in Firefox), they aren't in uTorrent. Even after I hit 'Update Now', they still don't update, but if I close uTorrent and restart it, they will update and all of my Favorites catch the new files and they start downloading.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

What's your max total connections, max connections per torrent, net.max_halfopen (in advanced), have you limited your upload to 80% of your max upload speed?

Maybe you have too many connections and rss feeds simply timeout. And are those feeds different or it's only one?

max total connections - 600

max connections per torrent - 100

net.max_halfopen - 48

upload speed - 6kB/s

I think the connections may be a bit high, but torrents download fine. I originally used the script from the speed guide to set the numbers, but torrents came in at a slow crawl with the max connections from the script. The current numbers seemed to max out my download speeds. Any higher didn't make a difference.

• 2 months later...

I am having the exact same problem as you, and I have all my settings basically set at default, I can't figure out whats wrong with it, kinda defeats the purpose of the automatic download if you have to restart the program to get it to start, anyways let me know if you figured it out

Archived