Moved files, now access denied

taffyrj

I am reasonably computer literate but have found that if I move downloaded files to a new folder (move not copy) they become "access denied" (the folder is accessable and I can even rename it but the files are not) I have tried everything my little brain knows but cannot access them even to change attribs or delete them - tried safe mode. Any ideas would be appreciated (running XP Pro SP2 and Utorrent 1.6). BTW already tried the stuff in the FAQ.

Utorrent is stopped (even restarted computer after stopping Utorrent). Error is from windows, these downloads were working perfectly until I moved them to a new folder. I have a second bootable drive, they are not accesable when I use it either. The files have an A attribute which shouldn't really matter. I can usually figure it out but I am at a loss with this one.

Thanks for the reply but I already tried that. In fact I tried everything in the book and some things that are not. As I keep my HD partioned and the files were in the extended part I saved all the other files then formatted the drive to get rid of the locked files -rediculous to have to do that. Guess I won't be moving any utorrent downloaded files anymore just copying them and then removing the originals after allowing them to seed for a reasonable time.

Archived