DHT Support?

dsforsaken

Just one question...DHT is going to be an option that can be turned on or off right?

One of the trackers I use does not allow DHT in their system, and thus uTorrent would be of no use to me and having just switched over to uTorrent 100%, I would rather not switch back. :P

So annoying having to use multiple clients for different trackers for silly little things.

Inac

• 2 weeks later...

Peer Exchange isn't implemented (at least not yet). The devs are interested in it though, but there isn't enough documentation. Sounds like more reverse engineering fun for them =P

µTorrent does respect the 'private' flag already, and I'm sure the devs already know that DHT (and Peer Exchange) cannot be used when that flag is set (I and others in the forum have already said it plenty of times =D)

Peer exchange can be used without DHT and also helps keep a swarm going. But let's say you get only a few peers from DHT, that's not gonna help you too much is it? But those peers might know of a lot more peers which weren't on DHT, and with peer exchange they could tell you about them.

Even though utorrent still don't have DHT, you can get unwanted peer connections through other users using clients that have dht.

shouldn't there be an option to choose if you want to accept peer connections suplied by another peer. it would be usefull for private trackers.

almighty azurues has it, and it works just fine ;-)

shouldn't there be an option to choose if you want to accept peer connections suplied by another peer. it would be usefull for private trackers.

almighty azurues has it, and it works just fine ;-)

This has been discussed previously and IIRC the most logical solution would be to beef up the protocol trackers handle.

Archived