Error: Incorrect function HELP

ifyoufly

This is the first time I've received this error. Everything was going fine as usual before I left ut running while i slept. When I checked on my torrents' progress this morning, there was about five of them that had the red X beside them with the message in the status column, "Error: Incorrect function". I tried re-starting and force starting them again w/ the same results. Most of these are over 50% done and one in particular stops checking at 24.5% every time. Googling this problem has uncovered nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

I think defragging is in fact making it worse...I'm getting soooooo pissed off over this!! Even files that are at 100% and seeding will display the incorrect function message a few minutes into viewing it on any which media player. Every time I defrag, I analyze the drive and it says that it needs to be defragged again!! Thanks for the link and all but it didn't help...it's amazingly frustrating when the problem isn't just w/ utorrent but spills over into other programs. I'd love to pinpoint this problem but I'm wearing thin on ideas. Any other suggestions? Thanks again.

Archived