WebUI v0.315

Directrix

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys. First of all the usual congrats etc. regarding the socket interface.

I've written some C++ code to fetch the data returned by uTorrent (it's not exactly the best JavaScript array parser in the world but it will do for it's purpose of solely retrieving the torrent details), and I have two issues that I must complain about:

- the torrent list returned by uTorrent (via ?list=1) is initially ordered alphabetically by the torrent names. BUT, after I add any new torrents, the initial list items are the same and the new torrent is put on the last position. After a uTorrent restart, the list is AGAIN sorted alphabetically.

This means that the torrent indexes change between sessions, even though the same number of torrents remains. It would be GREAT if the torrent list returned would be sorted after it's ADDED date (maybe something like ?list=1&so=2). This way, the first torrents will always be at the same indexes and would only change if they would be manually deleted. The only current workaround for this is to check the torrent hash and see if it is the one we want, when it would be much simpler to see what the torrent index is once and for all.

2. The total seeds number returned by uTorrent is not the same as the one shown in uTorrent. I believe this is because it shows only the active seeds, and not the total seeds in the swarm (which appears between brackets in uTorrent). It would be great if you could add that number also in the returned infos.

I hope you will consider my suggestions :) Once again, thank you for this new toy :)

codename: why are you using the order? why cant you just reference the file hash? although saying that it would be useful for a command to retrieve the info on a specific torrent by its hash for example ?torrent='hash' and that will return the same result as ?list=1 but for just the specified torrent. Now that would be handy we could use that to make a Windows Vista uTorrent Remote Progress Widget :)

What are you using the data for? maby there is a different approach that would make things easier?

Good beta, worked the first time around. I don't see any problems as of yet, loads files as supposed to. Goodie :D And it's better looking that Azureus' html webui (not to mention that Azureus webui didn't upload what I wanted it to the other day). Hope it gets an official release soon.

ICleolion i cant see any detail on the detailed tab and the read me says that not ALL the informations are shown so if it is normal to not show anything how would i know? (which you should have thought). I was running it on a windows xp machine and unfortunatly i dont know the firefox version because it was from the internet area of my college. When i go again i will look out and tell you

"(which you should have thought)"

Hmm, dunno about that Exoskeletor. We have had quite a few people come along saying the general pane is broken, only because they didnt realise half the details hadnt been implemented yet. And also no one has come to me yet saying they cant see anything on the detail tab. So with that experience behind me, and all you saying is "Also the detailed details aren't working", what was i supposed to think. :)

This may be a weird question, but is there a way to associate the WebUI (or submit a torrent to it) over a LAN from a computer other then the one uTorrent is running on? I'd like to use the WebUI running on a filer server computer, and have it work as seamlessly as it dows now with uTorrent on the PC I use regularly.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I'll try to clarify more...

Great work with the WebUI,been waiting long time for this feature.One thing to complain though,in the preferences tab in the remote interface, i don`t like the options for disableing the WebUI , changing password,username,port,etc...I mean it looks silly to disable the remote feature remotly.In my opinion thatz kinda risky,becouse you could accidently disable it, and then can`t access your client anymore.Everything else is perfect......keep up the good work....cheers!!!

Necro: np

Acinonyx: ok i thought about it, and i stand by having the kill switch, i can think of a couple of crazy scenarios where it mught be useful :) and plus its damn hard to disable it accidentally. Its only a tiny tick box, not a huge button, its far away from all the other options, and you gotta press OK before it makes the changes anyway. There is no need for Directrix to hand hold people or to nerf this feature, people just need to take a little care with their actions, which you should be doing anyway when poking around in the preferences.

Archived