WebUI v0.315

Directrix

Well, other BitTorrent clients did have a web interface before, too, so I wouldn't say this is exactly... revolutionary... but yeah, WebUI is great :P

oh really? hadn't seen any such client before :P well then great job ^^ although I'm pretty sure noone has managed to stuff all this into 170kb :D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone...

Xanderz, I just wanna say that I feel your pain :-P

I can't get this to work and I've been toying with it for several hours now. Every time I think about just dropping the whole thing I read another comment with someone saying that it worked for them and that its great. GRRRR! Guys, I'm not a Newbie here, I'm a pretty tech savvy guy, but I just don't know what I'm missing here...

1- I placed the webui.zip file in Apps Data directory for uTorrent. [CHECK]

2- Replaced executable with latest uTorrent client, version 483 [CHECK]

3- Went into preferences and enabled the Web Gui [CHECK]

4- Protocol Encryption is NOT enabled [CHECK]

** DIDN'T WORK / Firefox (v2.0) could not connect to the website or server **

5- Set alternate listening port to 6881 [CHECK]

** STILL DOESN'T WORK / Same message / Tried IE6.0, Same thing **

The computer where uTorrent is installed connects directly to the web, no router, no special port configuration needed. I even disabled the Windows Firewall for testing purposes. So... WHAT I'm I missing???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Later.

xanderz, i hope your replacing those x's with the computers IP address when you put it in the address bar

eg http://192.168.1.10:6881/gui

Also on the computer which you are running the WebUI off, type in

http://localhost:6881/gui

to make sure that the port is correct

KabutoCub

try

http://localhost:6881/gui

on the computer which utorrent and the WebUI is installed on

note: you do not need to activate the alternate listening port, the normal listening port which is used for torrent downloads will work

xanderz, your problem most likely is very simple. You are missing /index.html. Unless you are running a web server on your computer it does not know to automatically look for index.html. You have to type that in fully on most computers. I personally have run the IIS Webserver so I don't have to type it in at all but most computers that have not need to type in the full url.

great work so far, but perhaps a logout feature would make this release a little more secure, seems that if i close the browser and reopen, i can get right back in without re logging in, people who use public computers could use a logout feature to enhance privacy

I just get the "Loading..." screen in opera 9.00.8414 and in firefox... how can I fix it? It would be really useful to be able to edit torrents from work!

Also, why is it that when I use scheduler to limit the upload in the day (so that the connection is usable for browsing), the download also comes right down?

Archived