WebUI v0.315

Directrix

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, i have this weird problem.

First the webpage showed up blank, it hapened both on my DNS and localhost. The title line was the same as the URL, if you know what i mean.

Then, when i activated the guest acount and used a different port than uTorrent uses, i got this strange msg:

Ôå|IºãîGJmra•lUè$wU}f?•†-SJ¨—0Êç'@õÛ뀅ˆžU§ä¢cQ‡

{u?gX€š09äs#¿;H̱ywÞîÞ‡‚8È–®R☙i¢Ü2…à èZoƒ¤/U*ÔÔ³«#S¢×Àâ:¤aŽ«Œ¿3ÖZ:~M¤'$°Þyâì¡ÃD~ø™9=•™<4¾ª«ºÇw»E¥¯zZ<Ïm°4Å·¼žÜgFf[¹¢

This msg differs each time i get onto my webgui (if i can get to it...).

Please help me with this, im sure i have opened the ports and configured uTorrent properly (activated it in uTorrent + forwarded ports)

- Nets

Try disabling Protocol Encryption and reloading. If it helps, try re-enabling PE.

@fraxx: Portable Firefox doesn't even require installation. To your computer, all it should be like is simply another file downloaded to the computer and is executable. In any case, I think that any administrator who thinks locking down a computer, yet leaving access to IE6, is considered "secure" needs to have his/her priorities set straight.

This is brilliant. Worked straight out of the box so to speak. I'm just a little pissed that it doesn't support IE6.

Just like fraxx, my system at work is totally locked down with IE6 being the browser of choice (go figure !)

Now, although Firefox portable might seem like the answer to my prayers, the problem arises when trying

to configure a proxy. It's all done through scripts on IE that I can't seem to get access to so I've no idea

what to set Firefox to.

That's why I'd like support for IE6, 'cos I don't suppose Shell, with their GID system and security paranoia,

let me have the info I require. Until Shell see the light and upgrade to IE7 or even better, Firefox, then it looks

like I will have to give the Flash uTorrent Web Interface a try.

Thanks for a fantastic system.

Hmmm........ Just looked at the Firefox portable support pages and there's a utility called "Proxy Get Utility"

Could this be the answer? Will have to wait until I get back to work in a fortnight to try it.

Hey, I registered to say thanks.

I was a BitComet user for years but found it lacking. Then I was using Azureus but found the 180MB foot print depressing. But Azureus had the WebUI so I stuck with it.

I went to uTorrent the day you guys released this WebUI and never looked back. It kicks the crap out of the Azureus WebUI also in terms of features, etc.

So my hats off to you for your fine work here. You've made a uTorrent user out of me.

Want to share these

Errors encountered:

invalid request

I've switched to portable firefox and have double checked the login infos.

Blank screen

credit from regedt32.exe:maxehhh you put the webui.zip file in the "%appdata%/uTorrent" directory?

Just copy and paste to run and enter, as mentioned above put webui.zip into this directory.

Note:Without qoutes " ".

Ok, thanks working well now:)

and finally the webui. works fine, but there are still a few suggestions i wanted to make.

1. if you browse per label and one of the torrents in the label is pos 1 and the other pos 5, all others between belong to another label, and then you mark them with SHIFT+click on last. after that you changed their label and then all torrents between 1 and 5 had their label changed not only 1 and 5.

2. at the moment you can only maximize the refresh rate to 10s per drop down, i would like if the refreshrate would be more customizable, for example not a drop down, but a textfield to put in your desired refreshrate.

apart from that everything looks fine till now, great work ^^

I'm not sure how people manage to get anything working if they don't know how to read a readme... I mean, if you normally don't need to read documentation, then that's cool, but if you can't figure it out without the documentation, the read it. Don't think that just because you've gotten by without ever having read a readme.txt in your life, you'll never, ever have to.[/rant]

Archived