WebUI v0.315

Directrix

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any list of things already in and to be implemented in the webui?

I'm using v0.300

I would like to have the "remove torrent+data" and "remove data" options available through webui.

Besides that there seems to be a small bug with the right-button menu under firefox 1.5.0.7 (linux). Sometimes, when I want to stop a torrent, the browser changes the font as if I pressed Ctrl-(+), and clicking details, it opens a new blank window (about:blank style). I noticed that this seems to happen with more frequency if the torrents I click are in the 3rd or lower position in the list. Changing the list order so that they show up in 1st or 2nd position seems to solve the problem temporarly.

Using the buttons works fine, so no big trouble here.

I was also wondering if it is possible to establish some kind of settings so that two or more computers in the same sub-network (LAN or something) share their packs easily? like "add peer" but in an automatic and permanent way so that they always keep connected and sharing info?

Something similar to ban list but in the oposite way "friend list" (maybe)?

The rest is working fine, keep up with the good work ;)

sdark: You might wanna upgrade to 0.310, you may just find some of your FR's have already been done.

As for the list, you have a changelog at the end of the readme, and its not hard to see what has and hasnt already been implemented in the webui.

As for the two bugs, they will have to be investigated further.

As for your last feature request, what do u mean by "share packs"?

The share packs part is something like this:

I have two computers on a sub-net but their download rate is low because there are rules to how much resources each computer in the subnet has access to, meaning each pc has like (example) 10 Kb max up and 20 Kb max down. But the speed between the two computers is not limited, i.e. it can go 1Mb/s or plus depending on the data flow. The idea is like setting client 1 to start requesting the initial blocks while the other computer would start requesting the final blocks. I don't know if this part is possible in utorrent but this is just an example.

So it's like PC1 has the initial 50% and PC2 has the final 50%, so basically they already have the full file, but not all in the same computer.

The "share packs" would be a granted way of establishing a "permanent" connection between both PCs so that they can ask each other what parts they already have and imediatelly share them, enhancing the global speed.

I can already do this manually by adding the peer to the list, but if the link is closed between the PCs I have to add it manually again. Besides this, sometimes they don't establish the connection, but I believe this has something to do with the ratios (not sure though, I need to better understand how torrent queue and sharing works). The goal would be automatically establish this connection and share the data.

The idea would grant the connection and also allow "friend IPs" to overide the queue state and send the parts right away. Could be a similar approach to what some eDonkey clients do with "Friend connections" (Dunno if this is possible)

What exactly is your point? I don't see ANYWHERE in that thread or the related threads where ANYONE said UDP was going to be added. Not to mention I STILL don't understand why you're asking in THIS thread of all threads, when it's ENTIRELY unrelated. Want your answer? Read the FAQ.

It baffles me as to how you're a long-time forum browser, and yet you're still jumping way off-topic, and you still didn't get the message about how UDP support is very unlikely -- so much so that ludde's essentially abandoned any idea of adding it.

I was suggesting an enhanced scheduler... so that instead of only changing the download speed, you could do action based scheduling. (uTorrent feature, not only webui) Start the action at specific times or every "X" minutes since program start.

Actions could be something like:

"Set download speed to:[value]"

"Set upload speed to:[value]"

"Force Update Tracker:[torrent number]"

"Add pear [iP:port]"

"Set max connections:[value]"

"Set upload slots per torrent:[value]"

"Stop All Torrents"

"Start All Torrents"

"Stop Torrent [torrent number]"

"Start Torrent [torrent number]"

How do you add a peer once per hour...? And the scheduler could probably be done, if Directrix hasn't changed his mind since yesterday.

The add pear once per hour could be scheduled this way.

Hm, works fine using localhost while at home. Trying to access it from my dorm using http://homeip:port/gui/ gives me a time out using /gui/, /gui/index.html or /gui/flash.html. I've tried

http://YourIP:UTport/gui/?action=setsetting&s=webui.cookie&v={}

and ctl F5, nothing changes. Not sure if this is a user error, screw up at home or my dorm. Setting up utorrent at my dorm and using it as local host spits out

eb³ÝÂÆ|û>¨OÄ$x¥úŸè"§Ê-¬aÓÙ:5"ôü`î™Öû'¡Õ‡;ÀÆâöP" NÈ Xì(äî'ûA=ž¾ÄPbû ¾<ʆð<èÊ'βըGûæAbÛä3¯øµØN—ÆýïUTpK@›K™°ç€ÏªÔ«‰zïždûV~¬ßÕ#-ø‹:o^¦Z+ãF‚7Z³CŽ«ÃÚzß*J•u÷øVƒÁXÊ'n$Žpb]±ªA¨‰dIÞ3PD亵«¯jÑmµlAA Þ•vÎøÞâû1eG´‚Ú° [9b^ó$ü{B{â§ÓÑ7ÔÇf÷

No point in trying to fix that though, can't even use torrents at the dorm. I'm not behind a router at home, ports are open. My dorm's security is tight though, could they be doing something to keep me from connecting to home? I really doubt that though. I was having speed issues at home, so maybe that's why it's timing out. I can't get on IRC right now (dunno if I even can in the dorms, it won't connect to the channel)

@Ultima & ICleolion

Sorry about the pears :P I ment peers as you guys understood.

I think the question should be, why wud u wanna add a peer once per hour?!

As I said before, to "force" the connection between the two clients. The thing is that both clients are behind a proxy so external IP's don't seem to work correctly between internal clients, i.e. external IP such as (example) 156.123.145.123:35000 doesn't get correctly fowarded by the proxy, so I need to add the internal network IP. Something like 192.168.1.1:35000 and 192.168.1.2:35001. This way I can establish the connection without problems.

Anyway this is way offtopic so I'm opening a new post http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=211646

I saw in a previous post an issue with Skype. I have had this issue with server applications, and also experienced it with the WebUI. In my experience if you shut down the program you are trying to use...example-utorrent & browser, then shut down Skype, then start up the program(utorrent), restart Skype, open your browser and there you go problem fixed. Skype will choose a different port, I guess is what is happening, but only if the other program(utorrent) is running first. ;)

And again, way to go guys utorrent is A#1.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Offtopic: People who tell u they r going to post offtopic when they know they shouldn't anoy me.

Archived