WebUI v0.315

Directrix

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get it to work either. I assume it's not supposed to be a problem accessing the webui from a remote location? I've set it up on a server on a speedy internet connection that I use to download stuff with. But when I activate the WebUI and try to access it from my home machine (using the latest Firefox) I just get a standard "connection failed" message in the browser, the kind you get when you type in the wrong url, or such. I've tried all the troubleshooting tips in the readme. I'm also using the latest build of utorrent as specified in the readme.

Thanks a lot for a great idea... It worked fine for me the first few times, but now all I get is the loading screen; nothing happens afterwards. I'm running Mozilla Firefox 2 RC2, and it did indeed work the first few times, so I'm not too sure what the problem is, any help?

-

Tried connecting remotely as well... Doesn't work from any browser, and my port forwards are all setup fine.

You placed webui.zip in %appdata%\uTorrent, where settings.dat is, right? If so, what is µTorrent's logger tab saying? You are using build 483 right?

@trav1085: No one asked you to try the leaked beta and get your hopes up. Why don't you ask Microsoft for a good reason why they don't support standards properly instead of asking Directrix for a good explanation as to why IE6 doesn't support WebUI? Yes, it's not WebUI not supporting IE6, it's IE6 crashing upon loading where standards-compliant browsers work just fine. And no one owes you anything, so we don't even need to provide a good reason if we didn't want to. It just so happens that we do have a perfectly legitimate explanation.

Hi,

Works great over SSL with STunnel on Firefox 1.5.0.7. No connection problems at all. However, in IE7 Beta 3 (latest patched version), it's not working.

I've tried the trick in the readme file (https://127.0.0.1/gui/?action=setsettin … e&v={}) and then reloading, but the page gets stuck at "Loading..."., and then it throws a timeout error. I'm also getting the usual "There is a problem with this website's security certificate." since I'm just using localhost. IE7 gives the option of continuing, but again, the timeout error eventually pops up.

Is there an IE7 security configuration I should know about?

EDIT: I tried adding https://127.0.0.1 to "Intranet" and then to "Trusted site" ... no change.

Last edited by xotx69 (2006-09-18 04:11:13)

This is weird,because it's working great with IE7 Beta 3.

The problem could be with your router.

Router wouldn't be the problem as he is testing it locally. 127.0.0.X is your computer, even when disconnected.

So the problem is once again IE related :\ there is probably a problem with the SSL in IE. Does it work without the SSL (in IE7)?

ICleolion: thanks for the info. I had no clue what was wrong. I tried it for about 30mins and couldn't get it to work so I was gonna wait until the next day try again before I wasted everybodies time here with questions, but when I launched uTorrent and tried it again it worked perfect and has since, so I wasn't worried since it works now.

powaking: i dont believe it is on the todo list. What purpose will it serve other than to manually add a peer (which if this is ever implemented could be done in the torrent context menu)? And if u do come up with any purposes, weigh them up against the effort it will take to implement it.

Archived