WebUI v0.315

Directrix

i have done the 1st bit,i enabled the webUi in,but one problem is that i cant get to that address,i keeep getting an error mesasage,,, so i think maybe is because im not using utorrent not on green light,that either i cant get it to work,i have been using utorrent know for like a yr and half,i still dont have a green light at the bottom,everytime i try something,it never work,maybe i find it difficult the way people explain something i guess.....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's simpler because you don't have to broadcast your entire desktop or anything; it's just an interface to the program itself. Also, since it can be run from any common web browser, it is much more practical than something which might require you to install software on the client machine to access it.

Okay - so basically, all the WebUI thing does is allow you to use your web browser to "dial in" to your local computer if it is running Utorrent and from there it will act sort of like a PC Anywhere - but for Utorrent only?

I assume you have to run a WebUI client on your PC and then that client will be there waiting for a web browser to access its IP or other identifying address, and then respond. Kind of like a hosted web page or using your browser to access FTP sites, right?

Thanks much. For some reason, I'm just having trouble grasping how this thing works and what it is for.

I just installed the Web UI today and it's fantastic. Now I can let my old Thinkpad busy itself with torrents and I hardly ever need to touch the keyboard. However I'm having a few problems with the UI on my MacBook running OS X. I've tried Firefox 1.5 and 2.0 and both have the same problem. When I right click (or Ctrl+click) to bring up the context menu the menu appears behind the horizontal scroll bar and then disappears as soon as I release the mouse button. As long as I hold the mouse button down I can select sub menus, but I can't select any actions. So I can't use labels or see the Details or Properties dialogs.

Has anyone else had any luck using the Web UI on a Mac?

/peter

This version of uTorrent is excellent, I've got it running on my Windows 2003 Server as a Windows Service using the WebUI to administer it from anywhere....

Thanks for this excellent release.

See my articles on GeekZilla re the config for more details.

http://www.geekzilla.co.uk/View838302ED-E806-4314-AC3A-89872D6F8C9B.htm

http://www.geekzilla.co.uk/View2F63F17E-E0C7-4EFC-9A9D-CFECBD845363.htm

Cheers

Paul

Hello,

Whilst I understand you do not support IE (and for good reason, after all FF is great :D) I was wondering if you have any plans to make a version compatabile with Windows Mobile, in paticular IE Mobile as the alternate browsers for WM are not so good (Opera costs money and Minimo is sluggish).

Great work on the WebUI, it is truely brilliant! Out of interest what did you code it in?

Matt

I finally got around to create a new VMWare machine, for use with utorrent.

I installed it, created the port, added S-tunnel, and it's been going ever since.

I can finally turn of my workstation at night, and let the little VIA EPIA with VMWare Server on a Suse Linux Enterprise Server run my downloading, I'm going to save money on this, as the VIA only uses 60 Watts, and my workstation uses >400 :-)

I've been contemplating getting one of the linux programs with a webinterface, but was wary, as I've been very happy with utorrent for a long time, so when I found the WebUI, I decided to stick with it, and so far it's working like a charm!

Archived