WebUI v0.315

Directrix

@globetrotters1:

Only thing I can think of is that somehow a cache somewhere is messing with the torrent list. Open up http://yourip:utorrentport/gui/?list=1 in a second tab or window. And try forcing it to refresh (Press F5) and then switch back to the webui tab/window and press F5 there and see if it fixes your list.

@greenbull: Because WebUI isn't completed yet detailed errors are unavailable at this time.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the tip, Lord Alderaan, I tried it and it didn't fix anything...

I think the problem is the sending computer, not the receiving computer. I checked the receiving computer and there are really the wrong torrents set up for downloading. But don't ask me why the sending computer sometimes sends the right torrents and sometimes the wrong torrents. I try to send only one torrent at a time. Probably staying in the add torrent window on the sending computer and adding several after each other messes things up. Who knows...

I report my findings, and sorry for all that, just wanna make sure that it works correctly for all of us

first, thanks for this. This is great.

I was having a lot of trouble and I started reading through the 34 pages and saw a lot of people had the same trouble. I saw all my torrents but could not get the start, stop, pause, etc. icons and my torrents were static.

This all occurred as I was signed on as a guest. once I set up a username and password, it all showed up and works fine. I will have to test it from IE at work on Monday but it seems to work great.

If this was already explained, I apologize for the duplication. There are just too many pages and I thought I would chime in.

Hi all ...

First, I'd like to say a "Big Thank" to uTorrent devs, really good job ! So now, here is sthg I've noticed today when testing the latest WebUI package with uTorrent 1.7RC1 : in the active torrents tab, a torrent with status "seeding" (100% done) has the "Downloading" (blue) icon ...

This (maybe, not sure) happened after torrent finished, as if the active tab did not notice the status change (this does not occur with already terminated ones)

This is more a display than a functional issue, but I had to tell ya :D

Chris

Thanks, this works just fine locally using either 127.0.0.1 or localhost but when I try to use it externally via Opera mobile I get 'Invalid Request'. Any ideas?

I have tried with and without user/pass enabled, disabled encryption, started/restarted etc. I don't understand how it would work locally but not through my Opera mobile (if it is even compatible with it). Cheers.

No mobile incarnation of Opera will work with webui at the moment, as they don't support AJAX properly. You need to use the correct port (if you're using an alternative listening port in Preferences > Web UI, then that's the port you should be visiting), and need to have /gui in the URL. But again, there's no point trying it on Opera Mobile at the moment.

"Does µTorrent have a web interface?

Yes, it does. See this page for further details."

(3 sections - before - "Install".)

This is a copy of your "Help".

"this page" contain the link.

The link - take you to this forum.

-----------------------------------------------------

You probably - HAVE the answer - to this question, somewhere in

"the help-routines", but not where it was supposed to be.

At least - the link is wrong.

At he risk of being banned, because of an error - you have done

(as this seem to be the mentality) - I ask the question:

Where can I find an explanation to this option?

Greetings Aage.

After having tested WebUI for some time, here the test results:

1. The response of the remotely controlled computer is often painfully slow

2. 9 out of 10 requests to the remote uTorrent end up in "request time-outs" (and after the time-out the request won't be repeated automatically, so I have to try and try and try over and over again)

3. After 3 browser window refresh time-outs (or even 2) there are no refresh requests anymore, therefore reloading the page is the only way to have an actual view of the torrent situation on the remote system (which leads to another set of tries - see above)

4. The short time-out delay is a real problem (and some websites can obviously influence those values in the browser because they need a long time to load and do it without timing out)

5. Loading multiple new torrents (a set) remotely leads to torrent downloads of old torrents which have been downloaded some time ago (out of a cache or whatever), but loading just ONE torrent at a time seems to work fine

6. Remotely loaded torrents sometimes end up at the end of the list, sometimes they show up at the begin of the list

7. Remotely loaded torrents sometimes get started automatically, sometimes get loaded as 'stopped' (no consistent results)

And as a short wish list for the developers:

1. Column order would be better in the same order as in the original uTorrent

2. Showing/hiding columns like in uTorrent would be great

3. Moving torrents up/down would be great

4. A button "reload data" (without reloading the whole page) would be convenient

5. A function 'update tracker' like in normal uTorrent would be convenient too

Thanks!

Please understand: this is NOT a complaint at all! This should help to make this great addition to a great program even better

Martin

PS: my problems may also be a result of a installation problem which I'm not aware of, who knows

1. Column ordering is a known request (allowing column selection and synching it with the main interface)

2. See 1

3. Yep, known/requested

4. Meh, I guess...

5. Shall see... previously requested too.

As for your problems, it could easily be a problem with your connection. Satellite connections have high latency, IINM.

High latency is one thing, but if I need to try to connect over 30 times until I get the list of torrents, then it's pretty annoying and time consuming

Probably you know a setting where I can set the timeout delay to a longer value? WebUI or Firefox browser...

And please explain what means 'Meh...'? :)

Thanks

I just recently downloaded WebUI and I am in the process of activating the program. I have already installed it and configured utorrent webui settings. I also downloaded no-ip duc since i have a dynamic ip and signed up for it. I attempt to follow the directions from super mario (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=8639) but when i get to step 5 and type in http://username:password@your_url.no-ip.org:port/gui/index.html, with my user name and everything correctly typed in, it doesn't take me to the login screen. I am currently attempting to do this from my laptop... I'm not sure if my router(which is hooked up to my home computer) is blocking me.

thanks for taking your time to read this. help would be greatly appreciated

Archived