Directrix

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RONALD: Only really 3 things I had to do to get mine working:

1) Make sure you have webgui.zip in the same folder as settings.dat

Default folder is %APPDATA%\uTorrent

2) Make sure you have the right IP and port.

If you are inside your home private network, it will be something simple like http://192.168.0.22:12345/webgui

Where:

192.168.0.22 is your machine's IP Address

12345 is either your uTorrent Port (Found under Preferences \ Connection) OR its the alternate port you picked on the Web UI page

3) Check your Restriction settings

Preferences \ Advanced \ Web UI

- Restrict Access to.....

Make sure that is completely empty or is valid.

A Valid range (from x to y) for the ip above would be 192.168.0/24 (which means 192.168.0.*)

And of course, as noted in the first few posts in this thread, IE6 no worky.

I used FF 1.5.0.12 and once I did the things above, it worked like a charm.

I feel a little dumb but I finally got it to work. Thanks a lot!! I also figured out that having a dynamic ip address makes it hard for you to access the page because I bridged my modem and my ip address is always different. The cool thing about it is that no one can track me, but the bad thing is that I have to check what my ip address is before I can log on.

Perhaps u can help me....

in which versions of utorrent do the gui work? in the newest too?

a have done everything u told here in this thread...but all i got is:

invalid request

i have the port forewarded the windowsfirewall is off....

the username und pasword is set....

the alternate portnumber is also set....

but all i got is:

invalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid requestinvalid request

please help me!

nandi0009: µtorrent is free and can be downloaded from http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

@globetrotters1:

1, 2, 3 sounds like you are clogging your bandwidth. Try putting the upload cap lower. Run the speed guide again. If that doesn't help reduce the maximum number connections total.

4. Those pages don't time out because you are actually receiving data. Its just going slow. When you don't have any contact (packers) at all for x seconds a connection times out and afaik there is a limit in the browser how long it will wait before dropping a connection when there is no activity. Its posible for a server to set that timeout lower and drop a connection sooner but its impossible for a server to set it higher then the browser setting (well its posible to set it higher but it only takes one to drop a connection). I don't think µtorrent has this time-out so low that it regularly drops your still active connections unless you are clogging your bandwidth. Sounds like you are clogging your bandwidth or you can't handle the amount of connections. Same advise: Run the speed guide again. If that doesn't help reduce the maximum number connections total.

5, 6 and 7 strange behavior that I can't explain. It might be related to you clogging your bandwidth but seems unlikely. Solve that problem first and see if this problem persists just to be sure.

Wishlist (I'm not a dev though):

4 It auto-updates the info frequently. F5 forces re-downloading although it re-downloads the images too but it still shouldn't take very long unless you are clogging your bandwidth. Simply pressing the Go button (green play button in Fx2) will refresh the page without downloading the images again I think. Not sure though (it might decide to use a cached torrent list).

Other wishes +1 from me :)

hello, I'm new here and I just have one question (before asking I searched a little bit but didn't find anything)

if the receiver and the sender machines are both behind a different routers and in different locations, must I forward both of them?

my own pc (the receiver) is already forwarded

I want to access to my webui to add torrent and manage them in my own pc, but I'll do that at somewhere all pc's are behind a router

Lord Alderaan,

you have a good 'nose' for these little problems as it seems...

Yes, I seemed to have clogged the bandwidth of the remote machine. I found out that the up/down rates there are 1000/128 instead of 1000/256 (like on my connection). Therefore I set the upload rate too high and the update of the WebUI page got stuck somewhere in the send queue. Well, well, happens also to a pro. Thanks for the hint!

Re: the new torrents loaded remotely

With the un-clogged connection the new torrents get always added as 'stopped' at the end of the list. Which is fine. Never had it again that a new torrent pops up at the begin of the list as 'downloading'. The other problem persists: if you try to load a bunch of torrents without closing the add-window after every torrent you get sometimes weird results (old torrents from the Middle Ages... or some weeks ago). Loading one torrent at a time, waiting until the file path field empties, closing the add-window and starting all over again with the + button works always like a charm (at least until now). But with this information we have everything under control.

Thanks for the thoughts, helped a lot and were very much appreciated!

Martin

(globetrotters1)

np

I added multiple torrents in the past and can't remember having problems with it. I can't test it right now. As I said it seems unlike to be caused by the clogging but I'm glad we got that out of the way. I'll test it myself some day soon but its also the first time I heard of this problem. It would be technically impossible for µtorrent to load a torrent without the .torrent file. So it has to mistake old torrents for new ones somehow.

this is great! thanks for this webui, it makes utorrent even cooler! =)

i think if default sorting of torrents will be number-sorted ('#' in utorrent) it will be great! because when you refreshing guest page, its sorting resets :( it is very unconvenient.

auto-update option at guest page will be interesting too

and maybe it will be good to make button 'quit'... because browser remembers your password if you entered it one time and if browser wasnt closed webui can be opened secondly without entering pass (opera 9 does so)

good luck on developing webui further! ;)

[i know my english IS bad :]

Archived