WebUI v0.315

Directrix

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've finished it :) now this package containing English language as default and russian as addition. User don't need to swith language. it determined from browser system language automatically. Just replace your webui.zip with this one http://rapidshare.com/files/67486441/webui.zip and try it. Feel free post here if you found any incorrect translation or bug in it. In future i plan to make translation in Ukrainian. I don't know any other langs :( but solution is to make "hard" translation -- look in utorrent.exe with one lang and translate WEBUI :) or if you have some free time you can post here what lang you can translate - i'll give you English translation file which you will translate.. Hope it's all. :)

Very good. Works fine? I'm now adding Ukrainian.. BTW someone knows how to detect laguage of uTorrent from WebIU ?

Here it is.. http://rapidshare.com/files/67704995/webui.zip I'm deleting old one

BTW. found 2 bugs in localisation and added string "Loading..."

ceres, please check out if i translate it right.. and one more for you (i made shortening in "Aggiorna l'interfac. ogni")

and everyone who wants to make translation please look on string length then in UI. Especially in settings.. I think you or other people who will use it don't like puzzles of text,textboxes etc. :)

Next will be German lang. Hope Lingvo get right translations. :)

Yes, I've used the version from post #981.

I've tried to find out a way to get language used from utorrent without any result...

I think that the best thing is autodetect language from browser and, maybe, adding a language chooser in the page (near the search box?)

thanks, Lord Alderaan

I think that set language from uTorrent is not so good, because users who use same WebUI maybe use different browser language. Ex: uTorrent lang = en. My browser lang = ru, someone browser lang = de.

Another way to set language is dropdown as ceres says in #984. Problem is: how to store value of language? Maybe use cookies? any ideas?

ceres, i've implement autodetect. Or it does not work?

I see that WebUI didn't show info about download in bottom panel. And uTorrent didnt sent this over ?action=getfiles&hash=7307FB1FECC928C4443DD21ACE393F5AEE09DE0B :(

Autodetect works very well, but sometimes I use browsers in languages different from italian or english and a dropdown menu will be very usefull.

The best way (and probably the only one) to store a selected language is to use cookies. It's also quite simple.

I've done a simple implementation of drop down menu.

http://ceres.divxmania.it/webui.zip

Files added/edited:

index.html :

Around line 288, added the code for drop down menu, with an auto-generated list of available languages

lang/lang.js :

Added functions to show menu, select language and store/retrieve cookie

images/it.png

images/en.png

images/ru.png

images/uk.png :

Added flag images (24*24px, png, transparent background)

Yep, very nice. Thanks. I think about flags.. maybe find URL where those flags available and load them dynamically, because if anyone add language he need to add flag image in WebUI.

I'm very sad :( when you format index.html you made a mistake somewhere. FF Fire bug reports an error in code

Yes, I was working on this bug till yesterday... No solution, I had to switch back to compressed version of index.html

Now it works, try it out: http://ceres.divxmania.it/webui.zip

I've moved style definitions to style.css, and scripts to the bottom of index.html.

I've also added the word "Language" to localized files (Мова in ukrainian and язык in russian?)

Concerning the flags:

I've a collection of gif files with flags from all over the world, I've edited the 4 needed with Paint Shop Pro, but if you can find a better solution you're really welcome!

Ok, I've corrected the russian file with the capital letter!

If someone who don't suck with photoshop like me can make flags with the same style of the other icons (rounded, shiny, with shadow) maybe we should includes in webui.

Since index.html now is completely changed I think that developers should use our version for future implementations (if they like our works)

Archived