WebUI v0.315

Directrix

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

I am using utorrent and the webinterface for quite a while now. Pretty good :)

However, I would love to have utorrent running right away at startup of the computer without any user loged on and running all the time, no matter who loggs on. I mainly need the webinterface since it is running on a server, but it would be perfect if I (and only I - my user account) can use the GUI as well.

how can I do that? I troed Scheduled Task but it did not work. Is there a start parameter to start utorrent in command line mode and let the webclient be accesible from outside, even if no specific user is logged in?

Thank you all

Lion

Separate issues, and you should make sure uT runs before trying to start it in service mode (what you're asking about it to start in the system account versus waiting for a user to login). Also note that with it being headless i.e. service mode, you will not be able to change the download location. To do that you will have to stop it from service mode, start it in user mode to change it in the UI, then stop it in GUI mode, and restart the service.

ok... but how do I actually start uT in service mode? And will it then take the settings from the appropriate user?

I don't need to be able to change any settings but those one can change in the webinterface anyway. uT is running fine.

Thanks

Lion

I have a minor issue with the WebUI (v0.310)

Running uTorrent on a WinXp SP2 machine with WebUI.

Connecting to my uTorrent with WebUI in Firefox 2.0.0.11 in Mac OSX Leopard. When I right-click on a particular torrent, the expanded menu will not stay alive long enough for me to click anything. If I click and hold, it will stay open, but selecting a menu item and then releasing does not send the command (ie: force start).

This issue does not occur for me in Firefox running on XP. It sure seems like a OSX issue, since Apple seems determined never to genuinely and whole-heartedly support "right-clicks".

Anybody experience the same thing? And, anyone find a fix?

I have the same problem as alixor, I never even knew it had a right click context menu till I accidentally stumbled across it! I am using firefox 2.0.0.11 and windows vista - im using port 42521. I have enabled firefox javascript to disable/replace the context menu but I can only see the context menu when i hold left click, then right click on a downloading torrent, the action i want doesnt actually get done tho as alixor pointed out)

it may have been answered before but I cant find a search thread option and im not going to trawl 43 pages so if someone could find it or explain a fix?

Cheers

edit: nevermind, fix it. it was a problem with the plugin All In One Gestures

Any news on when RSS will be built in as a part of the WebUI?

Love having the WebUI - means I can have just my silent media center running 24/7 and use that for downloading instead of having to log in to it each time i remote desktop (to remotely add downloads)...

RSS is the only thing thats holding me back from doing this now :)

quick question: Am I missing something or does the webui not allow you to create torrents?

I was kinda hoping to replace torrentflux on my linux server and maybe drop the windows off my windows server... torrentflux is buggy and clunky on settings :( , and vnc is far too laggy(to use utorrent fastly) (not like remote desktop... thus windows on one ^_~)

And don't even get me started on how torrentflux doesn't let you skip the hash check (100gig packs anyone :P)

Archived