Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Directrix

WebUI v0.315

You are missing something Mishkin... :P

You need to click the little + symbol in the top left hand corner of the page. This will bring up a window that allows you to either a) upload a .torrent file from the local machine, or B) add a .torrent URL...

Personally I prefer adding the .torrent URL...

You're not missing anything. The webui has no facility implemented to allow creation of .torrent files remotely.

hmm I just tryed to change the upload slots on my server remotely and it disconnected me from all peers...

then I went to it dirrectly and update tracker was ghosted...

Is the tracker a private tracker? If so, edits to the tracker list (which happens after you edit the torrent properties) will cause disconnects from all peers.

What version of µTorrent are you using? (edit: just saw your post in the 1.8 thread)

Yes it was a privet site.

Why does it dissconnect you, that is quite inconvient... when doing it locally doesn't do it....

is it a glitch or a feature?

whats upload slots got to do with tracker url?

It's a "feature" (sorta). I disagree with its presence, but it's not something I could do anything about. It's not as if I disagree with the feature itself; I just disagree with the fact that it's ineffective in attaining what it was implemented to do: prevent/stop ghost leeching.

Is there going to be a facility implemented to allow creation of .torrent files remotely with the webgui ?

it would be nice for this feature to be added :)

I mean that uTorrent webUI have a javascript (or uses http auth) pop-up for login/password.

This dosen't work in web proxies like www.anonymouse.org.

As in my work I don't have direct access to my home PC, the only way I can use uTorrent WebUI is throught one of those web proxies. :-(

I haven't read this entire thread ;) So I don't know if this has been mentioned before.

The WebUI did not seem to work in FF3 beta 2, though it fully worked in latest release FF2. I know both WebUI and FF3 are betas, but have not encountered any other problems with FF3 beta 2.

I have posted same info to FF3 feedback.

Basically, I saw the "loading" text, and then nothing.

protomank, you should try the VIP-version of Anonymouse. This may work with the WebGUI as it supports much more features like Cookies, Authentication, ...