Problem Solution (PortForwarding/BuggedWindowsFirewall)

shiinto

Hey there.

There is a bug going around which somehow 'disabled' the WindowsFirewall.

The problem was, that ports for incoming connections were not open (although forwarded correcty + static ip, etc)

This problem appeared right after some WindowsUpdates which made the problem supicious.

I searched a bit and found out, that even a disabled Firewall can block all incoming ports...due to a bug, of course.

So I thought, i'd give you guys some hints, if you're on the edge of despair and don't know what else to do to get this ports open^^

1) If your firewall is working correctly, don't use this method. - Well you can try but as i like to say 'never change a running system' ... your choice.

2) Find out, if your firewall is really o.k. by opening it in SystemSettings; It may eighter work or appear to be unable to open.

3) Download this small registry fix (http://www.wintotal.de/server/tipps/sharedaccess.zip) to fix the bug at its roots.

-Unzip&Execute

4) Open DOSCommand via 'Start' > 'Run' and type 'cmd'.... there you type the following lines

netsh firewall reset [PRESS ENTER]

and

netsh winsock reset [PRESS ENTER]

5) Reboot&Done

---

This resets the firewall.

I got this method from a pretty secure site and it helped me solving this problem, too.

But i am not responsible for possible damage.

Editing the WindowsRegistry is always some kind of risky. If you think you can find another way to fix this problem, do so.

---

Never the less, i hope, this helps someone.

Archived