Extra tray options: open download folder/startup in tray

Sumerah

I love µTorrent and I think these 2 options could make µTorrent even better. I hope this isn't a doublepost, couldn't find anything with search.

Anyway, I'd like:

- A new extra option in the tray-richtclick menu: "Open download folder" (when set)

- A new extra option to "Startup in tray" when "General Options > Start µTorrent on system startup" is enabled. I don't like the µTorrent window popping up, but I do like to continue my downloads & uploads silently.

Disable the option to have uTorrent start up with Windows. Create your own shortcut, and in the shortcut properties set it to Run Minimized. Place that in your startup folder.

This sort of works, as long as "Minimize to tray is checked", but it has a rather buggy side-effect:

It will start-up to the tray, but when (double-)clicking on the tray icon the restored "window" is only about 25 by 100 pixels :-( You then have to drag it to normal size.

My request is also for an option to "Start utorrent on system startup - minimized to tray" (or whatever you might call it)

Odd, i've been using uTorrent like this for a while :?

Just starts up in the tray minimized whenever I turn my computer on :)

Then again I do have uTorrent maximized to my screen so I didn't even know of the "restored bug".

(I have Close to and Minimize to System Tray turned on)

Disable the option to have uTorrent start up with Windows. Create your own shortcut, and in the shortcut properties set it to Run Minimized. Place that in your startup folder.

This sort of works, as long as "Minimize to tray is checked", but it has a rather buggy side-effect:

It will start-up to the tray, but when (double-)clicking on the tray icon the restored "window" is only about 25 by 100 pixels :-( You then have to drag it to normal size.

You sure it's from that, and not because you shut down Windows with uTorrent minimized to the tray? If it's the latter, that's a known bug that will be fixed in the next version. That might also happen if you exit uTorrent from the tray context menu while it's minimized, but I'm not sure.

• 5 weeks later...

I would like to see this too, maybe even wth another small addition. Could you also make it possible to not have µtorrent appear in the taskbar at all (or to be more precise: change state) when you start a torrent and have a default download folder set?

I think this plays in the same direction (more control over the tray-ization), though it might be slightly off-topic, sorry if you think so.

By not changing states I mean I don't want it to appear (visible or minimized and flashing) when a torrent is started, or of course disappear when it was vissible before. Maybe make it an option how to react? Generally more control over how to react in what situation would be nice, though it might well be considered bloating.

bye

Creat

• 3 months later...

Archived