Forced Start causing torrents to not adhere to seed ratio

FordP929

I have to admit the new ratio and prioritizing is getting to the point where it is understandable and easy to use.

I just noticed this today while I was downloading and seeding a torrent. The torrent prioritizing rules stopped a torrent becuase it didn't have enough peers so I force started it to cause it to continually upload to 180%. I woke up this morning and it was at 191% and it didn't stop. I manually stopped it made sure I checked the individual torrent options to make sure that was also 180% and it was.

I know this feature works for torrents that weren't force started becuase it stopped other torrents. I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this when they force started a torrent. And if they are I wanted to inform ludde and vurlix.

Cheers

If you force-start a torrent you manualy set it to running, overriding a queued state or a unprioritized seed. So this is not a bug but intentional.

Notice how you can also set a already running (downloading or seeding) torrent to "Force Start" in the context menu.

Bye

Creat

Alrighty, I just thought when you forced it to start that is all you were doing. I thought it would still abide by the global options.

From what I gather from the responses. If you set the individual properties the torrent should still abide by them. If I'm wrong please tell me, so I know and other people who search this post may know.

Thanks

Archived