Search function not opening appropriate webpage

scotslass

Hi guys

I just downloaded utorrent yesterday and am very impressed so far, speed etc all good.

The only problem I have is that if I enter something in the search box, select a site (and this goes for all sites in the list) and press enter (with the curser still flashing in the search box) nothing happens. I assume the torrent website you select is supposed to open and display your results? Well no pages open and it doesnt matter which site I pick (tried them all) nothing happens.

Im probably doing something SERIOUSLY stupid, but please be gentle with me :)

Thanks for your help

Scotlass

thanks for that stihia but Ive just done what you said and its still not working. Incidentally, now that the option has been changed to True it actually shows as *true but there seems no way of getting rid of the * (unless thats there to show you that you changed it??)

Im using IE 6.02 SP2. Its weird as all the other functions of utorrent seem to be working perfectly, its just the search thats not working, very annoying.

If you have any other ideas I can give them a try. If not, I will just book mark all the sites and go the long way!

Thanks for your help.

Scotslass

Hi ultima

Nothing happens when i try and get to the help menu either but everything else works, just the link with IE thats not working.

Seems such a simple thing doesnt it? Very annoying!! Am just going the long way round for now but if you have any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, its not a firewall issue, am certain of that. It wont even launch IE.

In the meantime, am very happy with UT performance, much better than the one I was using before :) Just a pity this one thing wont work. Oh well, anyone has any ideas am happy to give it a try.

Thanks again

Scotslass

Either Ultima said in the post above, or maybe a different application that is restricting the browser launch by another app, leaving only the possibility of launching "manually" the IE?

Try to type in a new .txt or .doc file the address www.google.com, then click on it and see if the browser open that page.

Try to put the IE Security policy on "Low" level and see what happens after restarting both IE and µt. If it's pointless too, don' forget to restore them to "Medium" level or Default.

Hi guys

I understand about the firewall thing, i am an IT techie so not completely clueless about such things ;) and my default browser was set up just fine.

I can launch IE from other applications, from text and word docs as well. Ive tried launching with security policy on IE as you said but still no joy. Ive checked on my firewall rules that Utorrent isnt blocked in any way, and its not.

We are obviously missing something here but not to worry. If it cant be fixed then it cant be fixed, I will continue to launch IE manually for this one app.

Thanks for your help

Scotslass

Archived