Unable to map UPnP port?

teraboi

Ok I'm yet another victim of speed problems. Lets make it clear that i do not have a green icon, even though i tried everything i can via browsing the forums and consulting people, but to no avail. I forwarded the port, however i did a check but it says it could not be opened. why?

I was thinking that maybe the "Unable to map UPnP port" in the log could be a cause for the problem?

Ohh yea. I remember the first day downloading utorrent everything went fine with downloads up to 100+kB/s. The very next day it went back to 0.1kB/s. =/

Lemme post my specs:

WinXP with sp2

Windows firewall offed

Norton disabled and closed

Modem using 2wire 2700HG

1.3mbps download

o man i got the same homeportal as u man!

well i m not sure bu i got the 2700hg-b

and also i have same problem like u!

all my bittorrent applications cant seem to map the UPnP...

so i contacted 2wire, and they told me that my modem doesnt support UPnP!

ARGH! they said it was a security risk...

but if im wrong and UPnP isnt the problem of my slow download speeds....then what is???

I GOT GOOD SPEEDS AGAIN! WOO

ok well UPnP wasnt the problem i guess....i just went into my modem homeportal thing and set set it to open the ports 6881-6889

now on my utorrent i set the port to 6881 and didnt check the "map UPnP" box and it goes fast! i was downloading peak 200KB/s although didnt use my full speed...dont know why, couldnt connect to most of the peers???

now i get a green light and im happy^_^

i have just got a new connection adsl2 and am using a modem/router . i have not had the time to open a port in the router yet so i have been using UPnP port mapping and it works fine getting a green triangle and MB/s downloads but everytime the phone rings or i call out i loose all connections and all torrents stop.so i have to shut down utorrent and restart it and all is fine until the phone rings .why is this happening ?....i plan to open a port in the modem/router tomorrow (no support on weekends) so i presume this will solve the problem with the phone , but am curious as to why it happens ..anyone know why ?

I pretty much have the exact same problems as above. I've tried mapping the UPnP port and also port forwarding and still the red circle of death sits, laughing in my face.

Needless to say, i've checked everywhere but can't find an answer. Much appreciated if you would be the ones to give me one.

ahh, its a generic intel[R] 536EP. I'm pretty sure i've done everything i can to let utorrent do its thing. Its possible i made a mistake though. I put 72.20.34.145 into the trusted zone and allowed incoming and outgoing UDP and TCP ports (not sure that was needed but i thought i'd try it anyways). Did i meantion i don't know what i'm doing?!

wow...Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC is that the one? If not where do i find it. Doing the zonealarm thing didn't help, it's still downloading at around 10kB/s, sits on a yellow triangle now and says the port doesn't appear to be opened.

Sweet as. About Zonealarm, considering this isn't really my computer, I'm hesitant to uninstall anything or really change things around that much and seeming as though dad's away at the mo I might just wait till he comes back from holiday. By the way, I disabled ZA and it still didn't work but i think i read one of your posts elsewhere that said that that doesn't necessarily mean Zonealarm is not the problem. However, it does say up the top that utorrent is listening to port 47891 (the one i assigned). I'm not sure this implies anything but you can be the one to decide that :)

Cheers for your help

I don't remember clearly how µTorrent works anymore, so I don't know if that means anything when it says it's actually listening =T

It's hard to say, and I wouldn't want to advise you to do something to a computer you have no permission modifying so drastically... You're 100% sure you forwarded your ports correctly? Disabled UPnP and DHT?

Archived