Unable to map UPnP port?

teraboi

wow that was really stupid...we have the green sphere. Sorry about all of that. It's still not running fast but i'll work it out. If i don't in time, however, you'll see me back no doubt. Cheers Ultima and Switeck for the help, really couldn't have done it with you.

Omg it frustrates me to see all your problems solved. =x

I'm still stuck with an error sign! Ok maybe its my port forwarding faults.

I'm sure i followed the instructions on the portforward.com properly, but when i did a port test using the utorrent client it says it has yet to be opened!

Can some kind souls help me out there. Please.

Yup i sure did. Ehh but when i open my Network Connections, it says im connected to both 1394 Connection AND Local Area Connection 2. So am i supposed to set up static IP for both?

Oh, does it matter if i have only 1 DNS server ip? cmd prompt only shows 1 though...

Hmmm and I have this screenie i took, which shows that i have 4 computers? In fact i have only 1 desktop, and have 1 lappy tabing the connection. Why is there 4?

argh.jpg

Oh. You have a 2wire. You don't need to set up a static IP then, since it addresses network devices by name rather than IP... Post a screenshot of the rule you have for Utor1. And make sure you add it to your computer's list of hosted applications...

Regarding the 4 items on the list... Do you have any other devices connected (not just computers)? Have you ever had different computers connected?

I set up mine according to the instructions portforward.com gave. Which looks something like:

boo.jpg

But as you can see from the from the droplist, there are 2 identical host names. And from what i know i can only assign Utor1 to one host name. So does it matter which?

dang.jpg

By the way, i've never had other computers connected. Other devices? Do you mean the phone, speakers, printer etc?

Yeah those count as other devices. And um... try one of the items in the dropdown. If it doesn't work, try the other. I have to say, your 2wire interface looks really weird (glitchy), not to mention it listed the same machine twice... I wouldn't be suprised if there were something wrong with it =o

• 4 weeks later...

I have follow "Ultima" hints by adding Utor1 to the second computer name in the dropdown list and it is working now (green icon and Network OK text), I think we are getting more than one computer name because you have more than one network card (i.e Ethernet and Wireless cards)

Archived