Starting a New Torrent Remotely

fncll

The WebUI looks great. But I have a question about starting a new torrent. When I try to do so it wants to browse my local machine for the .torrent file... I'd have expected it to browse the remote machine? If I upload a torrent from my local machine will it still seed using the data on the remote? I guess I am confused about how this works.

What I'd LIKE to be able to do is start new seeds remotely since I travel a lot but leave my home machine on and connected all the time...

Regarding the ability to load a torrent on the server machine...does this option show up for guests as well? If so an "it would be nice" feature would be to disallow or set limited directories. You guys are probably already working on that :)

uTorrent was incredible before...the webui is just fantastic...no other client comes close!

Thanks and cheers!

Nice app. But is this the right topic for it?

We were talking about remotely starting a .torrent file thats on the computer running utorrent. Your application allows association of .torrent files on your current computer...

You deserve ur own topic for this.

(PS. I won't put my ip/port/login/pw in a program I don't know. I'm paranoid like that about even trivial matters (torrents))

I think what his program does Lord Alderaan is act like the current webui add torrent feature. Without actually having to load up a browser. Which is cool i suppose. But doesnt solve our save location dilemma :P

It seems the webui has started the creation of remote control utorrent accessories :)

Archived