What BT client did you switch from?

iceshake

1. BitTornado - a few years, never any problems, it just got outdated

2. Official 4.0+ - a little over a year, ever since it supported multiple torrents at once, no problems, it just didn't have enough options to tweak ;)

3. BitComet - a few months, got frustrated with it hogging my connection

4. µTorrent - probably from now on ;)

BTW, if you see a BitComet peer "misbehaving," make sure that it isn't BitComet 1.01 before you pass judgement. "BitComet 1.01" is actually BitLord, the spyware-infested bastard child of BitComet. It's basically BitComet with different icons and links to pr0n and gambling sites. Oh, and I believe there's some serious leeching abilities in it as well. I learned this through BitComet's forums while I used it. As far as BitComet being a "leeching" client, the rumor basically comes from some old bugs and the fact that the makers of BitLord forgot to rename "their" client. ;) As a matter of fact, it's impossible to set the seed ratio to below 1:1. Just so ya know...

-Ares

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Official for a few months (meh)

2. Shad0w's for a few months (okay)

3. TorrentStorm for a few months (pretty good)

4. Azureus for a month (O.O couldn't stand Java any longer)

5. TorrentStorm for a while longer (again...)

6. BitTornado for a month or two (okay)

7. ABC (meh)

8. BitComet for a while (decent)

9. Shareaza (ugh)

10. BitComet for another while (decent)

11. µTorrent now (WEeEeEee =])

lol lots of switching =P

i switched from bhram's original (too many windows on screen!)

to bittornado (too many windows on screen!) until Az came along.

to azureus (year(s)) but dang pc wasnt usable !

to bitcomet (2weeks)

And found µt 1.1.3 in september and i never looked back. lol !

i even toyed with bitpump back in september between bitcomet and µt (for about 10seconds, lol) but the multi-torrent interface was just too crappy to be usable.

and forget bitcomet, its low dl speeds are just not cutting it! (about 80% of my dl speeds i got with az and tornado)

thank you for µt !!!!

now with DHT support and more of it coming soon im sure, the best just keeps getting better! its 1000 times better than az , it doesnt slow down my puter anymore like az/java did.

now i just keep java for webbased pages that need it, lol (yahoo games for instance), and if i could use anything else than sun's java i would!(any suggestions?)

Well i started with ABC.... later used Exeem.... and tried Shareazaa. But Exeem seemed to be the better client for torrents, so i used both of them for a long while. Then i ran into crashes with Exeem, cause of the extremely large filecount on some torrents (Mame etc) that i was seeding (only happened after restarting Exeem though). Then i tried ABC 3.1... had it running for a short while and discovered that some of the files i got were corrupted by ABC (i verified this). Then i downloaded BitLord, BitComet & TurboTorrent looking for a better client. I thought of Azareus too, but i hated it to be java based so discarded the thought immediately (Java engine uses lots of CPU on slower machines). Now i was allmost %^&(*&*(^^.

I went on looking for webpages about BT clients, and came across uTorrent 1.1.7. Downloaded it and tried it. I liked it a lot but had minor probs. So i went on searching and came across 1.1.8 RC1 beta. At that stage i was sold......

Now for version 1.2 ... never looked back... never needed too or wanted too.

It's just the best **** client around and i for my part am very gratefull for you guys who took so much time and effort in developing it. I only wish i had more thumbs to up :D

I was born with the original client, I was still on 56k back then.

Then I tried BitTornado for a day, didn't like it, so I asked a freind, and he recommended ABC.

ABC for quiet the while.... a year perhaps.

Then one day, not so long ago.. a few months ago, I started using Bitcomet. Which I liked a lot more than ABC because everything seemed easier and a little more friendly. Resource usage went down then.

And at 1.1 I arrived a uTorrent, deleted all other clients, recommended it to everyone and lived happily ever after.

coming from bitcomet has some nice settings etc but heard at this is best client for windows so coming to test out when my latest download finishes on bitcomet. this looks great and hoping this gets even better on new versions :D

used original,bittorrent before. little bit tested azureus but removed it fast when noticed computer slowing badly.

Yes i tried artic, winMX. When i was really bored and nothing better to do, i went on a torrent client adventure.

Artic just made me slap myself for wasting my time.

It was the first bt client I every used and it didnt work, so I though that bt didnt work with my ISP period (like they blocked the ports or sumting). Its a good thing I tried µTorrent :D .

What HAVEN'T I used? I think I've tried most of them, the only ones I stuck with for any length of time were TorrentStorm, which aside from 1 little flaw (didn't send the Stop signal, or something) was excellent, then switched to Az when TS stopped being updated and didn't work with a lot of trackers any more. On that for about the last year, then, mercifully for my weak PC, µTorrent came along and all is totally sweet!

Yes i tried artic' date=' winMX. When i was really bored and nothing better to do, i went on a torrent client adventure.

Artic just made me slap myself for wasting my time.[/quote']

It was the first bt client I every used and it didnt work, so I though that bt didnt work with my ISP period (like they blocked the ports or sumting). Its a good thing I tried µTorrent :D .

well, arctic worked to me, but it was generally slow :P

Funny... never bothered to post here... but hey, why not? Hmm...

I dunno the exact order I used the various clients in the past... but I do remember each experiences I had with all of them. Anyway, I've tried BitComet (briefly), Mainline 3.x, Mainline 4.x (momentarily), BitTornado, Azureus (ugh), and ABC. ABC as the last client I tried prior to switching to uTorrent. So far, so good. I like it and the scheduler is the best feature for me and the biggest reason for switching. Sure, small file size and low memory consumption is good too... but a scheduler is something you don't find in many clients and I can really use one (limited upload morning and evening hours, max during the rest).

Welp, that's all I'll blabber about this topic.

Archived