[REQ] Nice high-rez icon

Kobazz

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This has been discussed before. AFAIK, the main problem is that developers don't want to include a big icon is that it will increase the filesize a lot.

However people and more are using vista now, so I guess it gets unavoidable sooner or later.

In my opionon, utorrent could need a graphical overhaul for the sharp 1.7 version. There is a lot of nice addtions in GUI part to choose of.

why were the default icons changed since 1.4 or whatever? why dont they still use the old ones (from 1.1.2 or so)..

we all know what did they look like..

i dont think utorrent was intended to be *ugly* and efficient..

times change, and what used to be modern wont be modern forever..

new icons are inevitable.. //sooner or later..

then use them...

The change in the design of icons from older versions, didn't change the size of the icons one bit. They were the same size as before. What you propose is different.

The current icons are just fine.

Don't like em? Use your own, like I said already. I do.

-- Smoovious

Hi everybody! You, developer. i understand exactly the goal of µtorrent but you have to take into consideration the need of users. you can think it's crazy but i already saw some people change their torrent client because of the graphical interface. i'm working in a communication agency and i also think that you can make a overhaul on the icons. especially for this one of system tray. I saw the differents skins available, there are great but often people dont think to download the skins that why i'm telling this.

Actually, If I remember right the Prophet said once something like this: "the filesize should never restrain the development of utorrent, but it should be kept small as long as it's possible" That means you shouldn't keep the filesize down to whatever it costs.

If a 25k increase it what it takes to include bigger icons, you have to do it.

Again, size is not the main focus for µTorrent. Increasing the size for a larger icon wouldn't *just* be for the sake of eyecandy, it'd improve consistency with the rest of the Vista interface. I know *I* would hate looking at a 32x32 icon stretched to 128x128 while other icons stay sharp at that size.

The installer thing wouldn't even be taken into consideration, seeing as how an installer is *already* built into 1.7. An example, sure, but the point is that the devs don't take increasing the size lightly, even if it's not the main focus. If they can keep it smaller, they will (they were able to make a smaller installer, so they did). Icon size is impossible to keep small, but it's a pretty integral part of µTorrent, so I (personally) don't see it as much of a big deal including a larger icon. What I'm foreseeing, though, is that people are gonna jump onto the forums (or jump ship) complaining about "bloat." Pshh.

Archived