backdoor in EvID4226Patch223d-en.zip ?

vanDivX

I did a Bitdefender online scan today and it reported that it found a backdoor.Virkel.A in the much touted patch to increase the half open connection in windows - in EvID4226Patch223d-en.zip -> EvID4226Patch.exe

I am sure I downloaded that patch from that orig site linked from here, what gives? is that false positive?

Search on these forums here for 'Virkel.A' returned no results

vanDivX

likely didn't read the notification or if I did I don't remember it

aaah, the joys of false positives, one reason I had to get rid of AVG antivirus a while back, it wouldn't allow me to even manipulate some programs on my disk (move/copy.... anything at all) and no disabling of AVG would help except full unistall, since then I run without, what's some OK antivirus that doesn't pickup false positives?

BTW Bitdefender online scan just deletes what it deems undesirable and you can't do nothing about it, don't like that approach at all, be warned if you use that one

vanDivX

well, to be exact, I meant just that it doesn't give you a choice about deleting but it notifies you which files it deleted and why, just that it does you fat lot of good if you don't like it and it doesn't go into garbage either, its basically gone as soon as you read it the scanning report as it comes in, probably Nod32 is the same as you say

vanDivX

Archived