My uTorrent crashes now after months of working fine....

Barry619

Not alot has changed on my pc that i'm aware of, just everytime i go to open it since yestarday i get a warning message saying "a crash dump has been saved, send dump to devlopers?" and if i say yes then it just repeats.

I've removed and installed the latest to no avail, i'm not on a router and nothing like firewalls have been changed from when it was working fine for ages, i don't get it :( any help would be great, cheers.

hi!

i ve exatcly the same error ! cant start utorrent, AND i had a virus recently..but ive formatted& reinstalled xp, now everything is working fine.. exept for utorrent. it also worked after the format. did alot of stuff already, tcpip patch, windows patch, virus check, old versions, new versions (utorrent), firewalls, router-stuff.. i can run utorrent on my laptop if i take the same network cable.. it just doesnt work here!

got xp with all updates, p4, no fancy hardware...my network card is a bit old, but ive runned utorrent for months without problems

lol

yes, i applied this stupid test a 100 times, it never helped me in any way on any computer, it just workes fine without it. but i also tried this, does not help, thx for your interest.

barry, i think i know what this is.. check your antivirus again, i ve got my virus back, despite the format!!

/edit

definetly a virus, splendor.4960 /virtob.c virprot.a

many names, same stuff.. f-prot is cleaning all my hds now, god bless my other computer arent infected... ALL exe's had the virus, its crazy

Well I Fixed it last night.

Last week I decided to change my router firmware to DD-WRT. My husband runs WOW on his computer and I just surf on mine. We also have a third computer that we Remote Desktop into and run utorrent on. It worked good for everything but the computer that I ran utorrent on.

the first problem we had was that utorrent took all the bandwidth. Could not web surf at all. Fixed that by increasing the IP connections from 512 and timeout of 3600 to 4096 and 120.

That improved the web surfing but then that computer kept crashing because it had too many TCP_IP connections. Found the solution to that was that hacked TCPip.SYS from http://www.lvllord.de/ and set to 50

Then the computer would freeze and not show any error in the window's event viewer. I have lowered the ip connections to 2012 and set the utorrert's settings to adsl/256 so the max connects are below 200 etc. and Changed the net.max_halfopen to 4 in the prefs/advanced for utorrent. Also changed the tcpip.sys back to 10. This seemed to help over last night because the computer stayed running. But I have logged in with Remote Desktop now at work and increased the speed for upload and its seems to have crashed again

If you only have 256 kilobits/sec upload speed to spare, then you really DON'T need more than 100...maybe 200...total connections for torrents unless you're connecting to lots of nearly-dead torrents. Each connection takes bandwidth and is in contention with the others.

Archived