Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fluffyducky

Being unfirewalled in µTorrent only requires forwarding ONE incoming port...and preferably an obscure one (like 10000-65000) that no system services or other program/s "listen" on.

Re-enable the windows firewall for now and get your antivirus+antispyware software updated -- removing those viruses are TOP priority over keeping µTorrent running top speed...or even at all!

Some torrents are unsalvagable, deal with it. You're not always going to find torrents that are alive and healthy, and my guess (as I've said at least twice before) is that that torrent is dead.

I guess what I'm doing isn't considered an attempt at helping. Oh well.

Edit: If the port checker in the Speed Guide says it's fine, then ignore the light in the status bar.

I don't have any usual time, but it doesn't matter. I check all new posts anyway. I ALREADY TOLD YOU, if the port checker says it's fine, IGNORE the network status light.

You have everything set up properly, I don't know what more you want -- the torrent's likely dead, go find another one, or be patient, something, but stop thinking you've got something misconfigured! If anything, you should probably try to understand what Switeck said.

If you can run that OpenOffice.org torrent fine, then there NOTHING we can do to help. The torrent swarm is weak, that's all there is to it.

You simply have to find out what your monthly bandwidth limits are and try to go a little longer without hitting them by using slower speeds and only about 30 connections per torrent and 2 torrents at most at once.

I don't have MSN.

You're better off going to µTorrent's IRC...if you can catch firon or Ultima there, they can probably talk you through most/all your problems in <15 mins.

mIRC is a chatroom program, similar to how AIM and MSN are instant messengers. You dowload, install, and run it. You paste the irc link into it.

Dear all

somebody please help me .....

I have a sitcom router 114V2 a and a alcatel speedtouch510 modem. So from wall it goes to Modem and from there to my wireless sitecom router.

My internet is working , I can get it from my wireless desktop and also on my wireless pda.

But looks like the portforwarding is not going good with utorrent.

I went to portforward.com and open the portforward as specified in the site for sitecom 114 router.

but looks like modem is blocking my port forwarding.

On the Internet Protocol(TCp/IP) i have marked on obtain an ip address automatically.

and marked on Obtain DNS server address automatically ( both are automatically)

When I type ipconfig /all

I get this

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0C-F6-1B-3F-70

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.143

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

the ip address on sitecom virtual server i put as 192.168.0.143 with port number specified on utorrent

On Utorrent Randomize port and Enable Upnp port mapping is UNmarked.

only Add utorrent to windows firewall exceptions is Marked

Please help me !!!

knobz