Starting a private tracker torrent remotely.

acidxp

Hi all,

I use a private tracker a lot and it requires you to log into the site via the IP your are downloading on for the download to start. Doing this remotely means i can add the torrents but they will not authorize to download. As you should know it doesn't need to stay logged in (but login before the start of each new torrent) but i can not see a way to do this... Is there a way around this at all?

My idea was to add it as a torrent...

but this is detected as an invalid torrentURL and isn't executed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

AcidXP

there is a way....i use it for filelist...

Put the following lines in a file and name it filelist.html or something (don't forget to put the url to filelist at the obvious spot). Then open it with your browser. It will open filelist every 30 seconds. If you are logged in and use cookies it should keep your computer with utorrent on it logged into filelist.

Code:

<iframe src="PUT LINK TO YOUR PRIVATE TRACKER WEBSITE HERE INCLUDINH HTTP IN FRONT"></iframe>

<script>

window.setTimeout("window.location.reload(true);",(30*1000));

</script>

Now u can download filelist torrents from work or school and start them in utorrent using the webui. Remember that it might take a while for the torrent to start because your IP must be updated in filelist by the page above running at home. (You will probably still get the unkown IP/host error but it should disappear after a while (30 mins max I think)).

I'm normally not overly protective of things I post but at least say you didn't make it urself but found it...

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=208208#p208208

Newayz. Adjust the 30*1000 (The value is in miliseconds so 30*1000 = 30 seconds) to whatever you want.

However don't forget that you login from your work/school to get the torrentfile. The tracker then registers the IP of your work/school as the one associated with your account. If the page at home only refreshes once an hour it could take up to an hour before the page at home logs and restores your home IP as the one associated with your account. All that time your torrent WON'T start. And even then the torrent won't start until it attempts to connect to the tracker again. Sadly I'm not sure what this interval is. Because if that is 30 minutes again it could take another 30 mins (with bad luck).

But true... 30 seconds might be over the top. I'd suggest 15 minutes:

<iframe src="PUT URL TO TORRENTSITE HERE"></iframe>
<script>
window.setTimeout("window.location.reload(true);",(15*60*1000));
</script>

There is a much better way to do it. Simply use the cookie box when adding a torrent.

I don't know if this works on all trackers but does on bitmetv atleast. If you use firefox you find the cookies by going into functions -> properties -> privacy -> and click the show cookies button, and you get this.

cookie.PNG

Then you use the names and values of these cookies in a format like this:

uid=xxxxx;pass=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and write that in the cookies box when adding the torrent.

The point is that some servers log IP addresses -- using any "cookie" method or whatever won't help that if you're connecting to the tracker remotely to get the torrent. If you log in from another IP address, your home computer won't be able to connect to the tracker because the tracker thinks your new IP address is where you're connecting remotely from. And that's the point of this thread.

Archived